59 A Father...

Part 59 A Father...

Arnav was caressing Baby Anu's hair lovingly. She was sleeping, after playing and giggling enough with his father. Khushi who came changing into her nightdress smiled at them. She came and sat, resting her chin on Arnav's upper arm. Arnav looked over his shoulder to see his wife who joined him on the bed.

"What's running in your head?" Khushi asked.

"I'm thinking, how furious she became and threw my mobile when I got a call..."

"She needs your undivided attention... just like, how you wanted mine at the beginning"

"I still do..."

"Then, how would your daughter be? Like father, like daughter"

Arnav kissed Anu's forehead with a smile.

"You are thinking about her anger... don't you think how lovable she is that she doesn't want her father to be beaten up?"

Arnav's smile broadened. He turned towards Khushi and made her lean on his chest conveniently.

"Of course, yes... she is my treasure... just like you"

"She loves you so much"

"Mmm... but, I made her cry..." he let out true remorse.

"I too was upset with you for that but the fact is, it happens... we all are humans, after all. You were already frustrated about the e-mail thing. Fuel on the fire, she triggered your anger by throwing your mobile. It was supposed to be broken up... if I didn't catch it"

"I feel bad when she cried"

"Come out of it, Arnavji... she is a kid after all"

"That's why... she is a kid after all. What does she know about our pressure, E-mail, company, dealers, etc., etc.? What she wants is our attention. I was playing with her and she expected me to continue it. when I could not make it, she became irritated."

"Yeah... men can convince their queens but princess..." Khushi chuckled.

"Have you ever thought I'm lacking my attention for you?"

"Many times..."

"But you never complaint...?"

"Because I can understand... I can understand how hectic your routine is... how hard your work is. I'm not a kid... you know"

"Having a girl child is bliss... I don't think boys would have so much attachment, especially with their fathers..."

Khushi nodded yes.

"You would have missed your parents after walking out of Gupta Mansion with me... didn't you?"

Khushi nodded yes.

"Particularly, when you were pregnant, right?"

"Yes, I missed my Amma... I yarned for her handmade food. Luckily, Manorama aunty was there to pamper me"

"I'm sorry, because of me..."

She stopped him from talking further, putting her index finger on his lips.

"It was purely my decision of walking out of Gupta House. You did nothing with it"

"Maybe... but we had a choice of making them understand after our marriage that we never gave a thought of..."

Khushi placed her head on his chest.

"I think your parents' love for you is genuine. That's why we were forced into the situation of separation to feel their pain..."