29 Furious Fools

Part 28 Furious Fools...

Radhika and Kiran were at the peak of their anger. They did not know how to pollute Arnav's mind. Whatever they do, Arnav was dusting them, just like that. This was not done. This was what they expected. They wanted Arnav to throw Khushi out of RM. But it didn't seem to be happening.

"I just can't tolerate this..." Kiran fumed.

"What do you think I can tolerate this nonsense?"

"Babuji talked about Arnav many times, that he is a self-esteemed man. I don't know why he is behaving upside down when it comes to his wife. What did he see in her, that he had fallen for her head over heal as if she is Miss World?"

"It's not about beauty that Arnav fell for... they have something in between them beyond beauty. Don't know how she makes him trust her blindly. We have to find it. Then only we can do the same and get a place in his life."

"How could we know about it? Neither Arnav nor Khushi will say that to us"

"I think it must be regarding Anu. She was the one who got them married. Khushi was her best friend. She got them married only to be with her brother forever because only Khushi could adjust to Anu's tantrums. That was what her calculation is" Radhika said attentively.

"Anu is no more now... We don't have to think about her. We should think of something useful" Kiran said wearily.

"Even though she is alive she would not have opened her mouth. Such a haughty-headed girl she is..." Radhika said irritatingly.

"Yes, Amma, she never liked us. She was continuously nagging Arnav to send us out of RM. Somehow, you managed the situation. Now, please don't delay and do something. Arnav's concern for Khushi makes me annoyed. You have no idea how I'm tolerating her" she said as if Arnav was her husband.

"I will surely find a solution to this problem," Radhika said.

........

Khushi was sitting on the bed, keeping Anu on her lap. Anu slid from Khushi's lap as she was draping a Chiffon saree. Khushi sighed.

"I just can't control this little brat," she said pinching Anu's cheek.

"Let her roam freely," Arnav said.

Anu stood up clutching the bedspread on the bed. She started walking slowly, holding the bed edge. Arnav gestured for Khushi to look at Anu.

"She is walking," Khushi said in a low tone.

"Yeah... what will the child who wanted to walk do? You are controlling her a lot..." Arnav said with fake sadness.

"Me and controlling her? huaa..."

That was when Arnav sneezed.

"Aaaaaach... Excuse me..." he said after sneezing.

Anu jerked with his sneezing sound and lost her clutch on the bedspread. She sat on the floor with a thud with a shocked expression on her face. She flipped her lower lip and crawled to Khushi. Hugging her knees, she looked at Arnav making a face.

"Ohh... she is scared..." Arnav lifted her in his arms and hugged her.

"I'm sorry baby..." he caressed her back.

"She is scared because she doesn't know English" Khushi said seriously.

"English? What do you mean?" Arnav frowned.

"You said EXCUSE ME after sneezing... she would not have been scared if she had understood the meaning of EXCUSE ME" Khushi teased.

Arnav was looking at her like, REALLY?