7 Feelings

Part 7 Feelings

When Nani said her family members were a little haughty-headed, Khushi understood one thing. She should be in distance from those people. Even though she got a chance to speak with them she was not going to act smart because rich people won't like smart poor people. So she decided to play innocent.

The grandeur of RM made her awe-struck. No wonder people in this palace were haughty-headed. She had seen many people in Lucknow being haughty-headed for no reason. Why won't these people be haughty if they rolled on money? She thought.

Khushi stepped inside RM with numerous thoughts. She jerked, feeling something in her heart that she never felt before. She could not conclude what it tried to tell her. But, it was definitely not a bad vibe. She ran her eyes in the spacious living room. Though there was no one she felt someone's presence there.

As it was afternoon, there was no one at RM. Arnav, Shyam, and NK went to the office. Sudhakar and his family were on a US trip. Druv was as usual absent. Only Anjali and Manorama were at home that too in their respective rooms.

The first person Khushi saw in RM was Laxmi. She chuckled, seeing the dressed-up goat. She rushed to Laxmi and caressed it lovingly.

"In our village even people don't have proper clothes to wear... Here, a goat is flaunting with the laced dress..."

Nani smiled.

"It's my pet... Laxmi..."

"Oh... Luckiest goat in the world. Usually, no one raises a goat as a pet but only for meat..."

Nani's face changed grating that. Khushi bit her tongue for talking unwanted.

*Khushi... Stop being clever... You are innocent. Take a grip of your character...* Khushi warned inwardly.

Nani was supposed to say something, but she stopped, hearing,

"When did you come, Sasuma?"

Nani saw Manorama descending the stairs. Khushi looked at her as if she was an alien who was wearing a silk saree and heavy makeup with coolers at home. Khushi met with difficulty not laughing.

Manorama's sight switched to Khushi.

"Who is this?" She asked in her style of English which made Khushi stuck.

"She is Khushi... Shivshankarji's granddaughter..." Nani said.

"Oh... But, what she is doing here, Sasuma?"

"She is going to be here from here on"

"But, our mansion already has enough servant..."

Cutting her,

"She is not a servant but our guest..." Nani uttered with utter strictness.

"Oh..." Manorama looked at Khushi.

"Namaste..." Khushi greeted her.

"Look Ms. Country Folk..."

Khushi dropped her jaw.

"This is not your village... Try to be stylish... Don't say NAMASTE and all but HI and HELLO..."

Khushi sulked.

"As you say, I will try to be stylish like you, mamiji," Khushi said with a serious expression.

"Hey... Excuse me... I'm not mami for you... You don't belong to this family... So, call me AUNTY... Understand?"

"Jee auntyji"

"Not only me, but you should also call everyone uncle and aunty... No mamas and mamis"

"Jee..."