50 Paper Cutting

Part 50 Paper Cutting

Seeing the mangal sutra on Khushi's neck, Maya was shocked to the core. She raised her eyes from her neck to her face and found vermillion in her partition. Didn't she look like a married girl? But why? How? She saw Anjana coming. She sighed seeing Maya in RM. She knew why Maya was there. She would have come to take Khushi to her house. She would get disappointed, knowing their sudden marriage.

"What is this Khushi? Do you think mangal sutra and million or playthings? Why are you wearing them?" Maya said.

"You know nothing about this generation of kids, Maya. For them, even marriage is a game" Anjana said mockingly.

"What are you saying, Anjana?"

"I am saying, the necessity of taking Khushi to your home is over," Anjana said glancing at Khushi.

"What do you mean? Didn't you guys ask me to come here today to take her to my home, because Arnav and she should not be together until their marriage...?"

"Yes, but from here on, they do need to be separated because they got married already"

"Whaaaat?" Maya and Akash both shouted in shock. They looked at Khushi unbelievably.

"Somebody tried to kill Arnav. So he married her..."

"He married her because somebody tried to kill him?"

"Yes"

"Does he know who tried to kill him?"

"No one knows"

Maya and Akash spared a glance.

"By the way, what is the connection between the murder attempt and his marriage? Usually, people avoid getting married if they have a life threat. This is the first time I hear something opposite to it" Maya said with a frown.

Khushi also frowned. Though she didn't like the way they talked about Arnav Maya had a point. How did Arnav get the thought of marrying her in this critical situation? It was only Nani and Ratna who knew about her horoscope features. Only they knew her husband would live long. Then how Arnav took such a decision? Khushi became thoughtful.

"Arnav should have believed, Khushi will save his life fighting against the God of death, just like SAVITHRI saved her husband SATHYAVAN," Anjana said with fake sorrow. Though Anjana said that sarcastically it made sense. Knowingly or unknowingly, Anjana uttered the truth.

(Savithri is a princess who marries an exiled prince named Satyavan, who is prophesied to die early. She saves her husband from the god of death, Yama, persuading the deity to restore his life.)

As they didn't expect,

"Of course, I will save Arnavji, not only from the god of death but from anyone who wants his death," said Khushi making them thunderstruck as she could not stand their taunts about Arnav's action. Khushi walked to Arnav's room with her bag. She didn't have a mood to entertain them.

"What is the real reason for this marriage?" Maya asked.

"Arnav said, the one who wants his death knows that," Anjana said smirking.

"Where is Arnav?" Akash asked

"He is resting in his room," said Anjana.

"Let's meet him" Akash walked to his room. Maya was supposed to follow him, but she looked at Anjana and gestured for her to come with her. Anjana sighed and followed her.

Akash came to Arnav's room and ran to him with a shocked expression. Seeing them in their room, Khushi kept her bag aside and stood silently.

"Arnav, what happened to you? who had done this to you?" Akash asked.