30 Trouble

Part 30 Trouble

"You are going to say the same after your wedding for fainting, hearing Chotte's proposal" Ratna smiled.

Khushi got stuck.

"You know what, Khushi? After my death, Chotte was left all alone, no matter whether my brothers' family shifted to RM. He didn't like to be in touch with anyone. He missed me so much. He cried a lot thinking about my macabre death. Though he had friends their companionship didn't get him out of the grief. He never opened up his heart to anyone nor did he speak to anyone about it. You are the first one he liked to do that. That's why I want you to marry him. He could not feel for anyone what he feels for you. Accept my son, Khushi " Ratna pleaded.

Khushi was about to say something, she saw Nani rushing in. She kissed Khushi's forehead emotionally.

"Thank you so much Khushi bitiya"

"Why Naniji? Khushi asked not understanding the reason for her thanks.

"You made Chotte understand the need of marriage. He never gave heed to my marriage talks but today he himself said, he wants to marry you"

Khushi smiled at her awkwardly.

"What happened Khushi bitiya? Are not you happy?"

Khushi looked at Ratna, making a face.

"My Amma is a half-minded Person. Her mind is not working in happiness hearing her grandson's marriage declaration. That's why she didn't understand why you fainted" Ratna laughed.

"What's Ratna saying? Tell her, her son's wedding is going to happen as per her wish"

Khushi looked at Ratna surprisingly. Did she wish for their wedding?

Ratna nodded yes, understanding her questioning eyes.

"Yes, she wants you to marry Chotte. Every mother wants her child to be safe and sound. She thinks Chotte will be safer if you marry him"

"But, Naniji... I'm a simple girl. I have nothing..."

Cutting her,

"You have us... " both of them said at the same time.

Khushi looked at them perplexed. Ratna smiled whereas Nani didn't know why she looked at them like that.

"Tell her Ratna... We are here for her" Nani said, looking here and there.

"She already told Naniji"

"Oh... Then what do you want more?" Nani asked.

Khushi looked at Ratna and her facial expression changed. She saw Ratna suffocating, clutching her neck as if someone tangling her neck. Her face became red and horrible. It was clear that Ratna was in some serious trouble.

"What happened Maji?" Khushi asked, panicking.

Suddenly, Ratna was thrown away and buffeting here and there. Khushi was horrified as Ratna made a ghostly sound.

"Maaji..." She didn't know what to do. She ran here and there behind Ratna, trying to hold her.

"Khushi bitiya... What's happening?" Nani asked as she could not see or hear anything.

"Naniji... Maji..." She didn't know what to say.

Nani rushed to the door and closed it. She didn't want anyone to hear Khushi's panicky voice.

Khushi was about to catch Ratna, but she was raised to the roof height and fell to the ground with the same force. Without thinking of anything, Khushi pounded on her. But, Ratna was pulled back in a blink of an eye. Yet, Khushi clutched her hand. In no time, Ratna became calm. Khushi tried to take her hand while nearing Ratna but again Ratna felt a pull again. Ratna held Khushi's hand tightly and looked at her miserably.