51 Mother and Son

Part 51 Mother and Son

"Whatever going to happen is already destined, Arnavji. It will not happen as per our plan but with the flow. You don't have to worry about me. If I'm destined to finish the game, let me finish it..." she said gut fully, making him swallow hard.

"You should be careful, Khushi. Don't forget we are getting watched" Arnav notified her.

"I know, Arnavji. I will be careful"

"As we are married now, their focus would be on you. They will try to corner me using you"

Khushi looked at him penetratingly.

"What? Why are you looking at me like this? Have I said anything odd?"

"Do you think I will get targeted as we got married now?"

"Of course, Khushi. They will try to hit me from every direction"

"Then why did you marry me so urgently? Maya Aunty is right. Anyone would stop the wedding if he gets to know his life is in danger. But you married me only after knowing the depth of the seriousness. Why?"

Arnav was stuck.

Here the time came... he had to tell her that he too knew everything. She was his protector. No danger would be near him if she became his wife. His mother's soul would rest in peace only after their marriage.

But, he was Arnav Singh Raizada, after all. How would he give up easily?

"Promise me you won't run away if I tell you the reason," Arnav said.

Khushi flinched. Run away? But why?

"Promise?"

Khushi nodded ok.

"You should not leave the room"

"I won't... tell me"

"I got married to you urgently because I LOVE YOU"

Khushi's eyes popped out.

"I want to live my life with you, no matter if it is for a single day. And, I believe, you will not let me die. Won't you keep fasting for my long life just like you did for your parents?" he asked seriously.

"But, what's there to run away?" She asked bafflingly.

"I have not finished it yet..."

Clutching her hand, he made her sit close to him. Khushi was awestruck by his action. She was sitting, looking down. She slowly raised her eyelashes as Arnav said nothing. She saw him looking at her with a passionate gaze. She again looked down, swallowing down hard.

"How are you so beautiful?" he whispered.

Khushi bit her nail nervously.

"I won't care about dying after having you wholly..."

Khushi looked at him jolting. She was about to stand up, and Arnav clutched her hand.

"I have your promise."

Khushi twisted her hand from left to right.

"Why are you feeling nervous? What would you do on our first night?"

Khushi became more nervous and her face looked like crying.

"Today is our first night... remember?"

"But you said, I can take time"

"You can take time, but, tonight will remain our first night"

In an attempt of pulling her hand from his clutch, she pushed him. Arnav hissed in pain as she touched the wound.