52 Hurdle

Part 52 Hurdle

Ratna clutched his hand and a lonely tear slipped from Arnav's eye. Arnav kept her palm on his cheek and closed his eyes. Khushi and Nani became emotional, seeing him so vulnerable. Caressing his hair, Ratna kissed his forehead and hugged him. Khushi remembered Arnav's words once he uttered them to her.

IF IN CASE, I MEET MY MOTHER, I'M SURE SHE WILL KISS MY FOREHEAD.

Ratna saw Khushi smiling with blissful tears. She beckoned her. Khushi walked to them. In no time, Ratna pulled her into their hug.

Breaking the hug, Ratna asked,

"How did Chotte get to know it's me?"

"Arnavji, Maji asks, how do you know it's her who saved you from the goons?"

"Akash told Aman about the witchcraft doll we found in the garden. Aman asked me about it and I told him about it. That was when he told me, her maid's family also faced such an issue. She dealt with it with the help of a black magician and he would help me to meet him. I agreed to it"

"Did you meet a black magician?" Nani asked the same question that was raised in Ratna's mind.

Arnav nodded yes.

"I went to Mathura to meet the black magician. But, after reaching the place only I got to know he is not a black magician but a divine person."

"Divine?"

"Yes, Nani. What he told me wondered me. He said he was waiting for me. I thought he should be waiting for someone and misunderstood the person was me. But nope. He told me everything that happened in our lives... the witchcraft doll, Maa's death, how she had been controlled, the girl who was born in our kuldevi temple, she released Maa from the ties, the fasting the girl kept for our family's betterment, everything..."

Khushi and Ratna spared a glance whereas Nani was speechless.

"He said, my life was in danger and I may die anytime"

"Even after knowing about the danger, you were roaming around causally?" Khushi asked with an angry pout that made Arnav smile.

"Do you remember I had a red thread in my wrist?"

She nodded yes.

"He was the one who tied it to my wrist. He said, until I marry the Devi Maiya Girl, the thread will protect me from all the danger. In the courage of the thread only I fixed our wedding the next week because I thought I will be safe with the thread"

They looked at his hand and there was no thread.

"Where is the thread?" Khushi asked.

"The goon cut it down"

"But..."

Cutting her,

"Yeah, they had been known about the thread. His Boss called them and particularly enquired them about cutting the thread from my hand. That means, they knew until the thread is in my hand, I can't be killed"

"But how did they know? You didn't even tell us about it?"

"That's what I too can't understand. I'm sure, we are being watched. We are under their superintendence. The one who wants my death is so sharp and a few steps ahead of us. He knows every single bit of a matter about me. I was shocked when the goon specifically cut it off. That's why I married you without delay. Because they would have done anything to stop our marriage because their motive is my death. It won't happen if I marry you. So, they won't let our marriage happen"