29 Reason

Part 29 Reason

Arnav ran to Khushi and tapped her cheek. Nani folded her lip to control her smile. Arnav scooped her in his arms and took her to the guest room. He made her lie down on the bed.

"Chotte... What you said..." Anjana tried to start talking.

Arnav halted her from talking anything further.

"I assume she is tensed. Let her rest"

Arnav gestured for them to come out of the room and walked out. All of them followed him.

"She can't even stand your wish then how could she handle the role of your wife?" Anjana questioned.

"She is an innocent girl... She didn't expect this sudden declaration and there is no such idea of marrying me in her mind. That's why she could not handle this" Arnav said.

"She fainted... because her heart is pure unlike other girls," Nani said.

"But, Chotte, just because the plant germinated after she watered it, do you think this decision of marrying her is wise?"

"Who said I want to marry her just because she made the plant germinate?"

Anjana frowned.

"Then? For what do you want to marry her?"

"It's because I like her... I like to be with her"

"You are a CEO of a company. Running an emperor... A millionaire... You should not fall for silly feelings, Chotte... What are your status and hers? She is a girl with nothing..."

"Then, what do you want me to do, Mami? I lost my parents when I was ten years old. My life has passed without a grip. I'm not blaming anyone here. You guys are with me but no one is FOR me. I don't think Sheetal like an ultra-modern girl will understand my needs because it's something... matter of the heart. We don't know when our life came to an end. Within a few seconds, I lost my Maa. So, I would like to live my life with her heart-filling compromise. Money and status are not at all matter to me"

"But, how do you think you will get such a feel from this girl?"

"I'm sorry, Mami... I can't explain it to everyone. I think it should remain between Khushi and me"

Anjana tried to say something again. Anjali stopped her.

"Maji, please try to understand Arnav. Don't we know him? He won't make any decision in haste. He likes Khushi and she has all the right to marry her." Anjali said.

"But, we don't know her real story... Sasuma went to Lucknow and brought her with her. What else do we know about her? Who could we trust? She stopped Arnav from going to the office when he was targeted. What if she is one of the killers? What if this is her plan?"

Arnav gritted his teeth and was about to answer,

"Stop it, Anjana... Just stop it. Think before speaking. She is Shivshankarji's granddaughter. I know that. Won't you guys trust me too? Do you think I will let Chotte marry anyone closing my eyes? What do you think of me?" Nani defended.

"You are mistaken sasuma. After Ratna left this world, we have a responsibility in Chotte's life. I would have done the same before getting my children married. I'm doing the same now. What's there to getting hyper?"

"Whatever you said is true, I won't deny it. But we should not forget one thing. Chhote is not a small boy. He is a CEO of a company... running an Empire... he is capable of making decisions about his life. Eighteen years before, we stood for him because at that time, he was so small to decide anything but now, he is mature enough. So, we should stand for him instead of questioning him"