54 Outcome

Part 54 Outcome

"Are not you really injured?" Arnav asked smilingly.

"No... Lavanya saved me"

"That means, there is no barrier for our first night... right?" he asked controlling his smile to tease her.

Khushi looked at him and nodded YES, wiping his smile off. Arnav tried to read whether he could see mischievousness in her facial expression. But, Nope. He was damn sure Khushi was not the kind of girl who made fun of THIS matter. He gulped down hard. His heartbeat raised. He looked at the plate in his hands, not understanding whether he should eat.

He looked at her from the corner of his eyes. He saw Khushi looking at him. He volunteered a smile. She gave a NOD as an assurance of her words, making him stunned. She kept the plate on the table and said,

"In the war, knowing about our enemy's weakness is more important than knowing about his strength. But, we don't even know who our enemy is. On the other side, our enemy is very clear about our strengths and weakness. He hits at the right point and at the right time. He is moving his cards very cleverly to stop us from getting powerful. We should not let it happen" she said not looking at him.

Arnav wondered. Keeping all these things only did she act like she was injured to cheat the criminal? Seemingly she was naïve but unimaginably brilliant. Though she agreed Arnav didn't want to take it further before she accepted him wholeheartedly.

"So, you decided to accept the first night to win our enemy?"

"No... not just to win him, but to make our side strong. I have no doubt I was made to fall down from the stairs intentionally. It should have planned to stop us from getting close. That means he should have known how important it is for us, just like the life-saving holy thread given by Guruji to you. If it is important, we should not delay it" Still, she was looking down.

"But, this is not just a matter of WAR but LOVE. Without love, it would be lust... just lust. I don't want to do this"

She looked at him and then again looked down.

"Don't you love me? Didn't you say, you love me? Then, from where the lust comes?" an unexpected question came from Khushi.

"Do you love me?" Arnav questioned her.

"What do you think?" she fiddled with her bangle.

"I think you are forced into this marriage"

She met his eyes.

"Did not you?"

"Be it... so?"

"So?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Is it going to change anything between us? We are married now. Your life and my life are entwined, not just when you tied the mangal sutra on my neck, but when I was born. (She paused for a while) Ok, tell me, what will you do, if I'm not ready for the first night for more than years? Will you be waiting for me?"

Arnav controlled his smile.

"What else can I do? I should have to wait" he said like a good boy.

"Ok, then... if you are fine with it..."

She tried to walk away, but Arnav clutched her upper hand and pulled her towards him.

"You didn't answer my question," he said.

"Wh...at...what question?" she stammered.

"Do you love me?"

"What do you think..." She looked somewhere.