56 Maya's House

Part 56 Maya's house

"I think everything will get over in a month," Arnav said.

"No... In a week," Khushi said in a flow making Arnav stunned.

Khushi looked at him bewildered. Arnav came to the composer.

"That means we should be more careful. Each and every step of ours should be careful. Don't take anything lightly, Khushi. Walk carefully, talk carefully, and eat carefully. We are at a crucial point in our life. You are my strength. So, my enemy will try to remove you from my life. He may mix some black magic powder in your food too..."

Cutting him hurriedly,

"No Arnavji, no black magic will work on me. Even though he tries something on me it will backfire him"

"What if he tries to hurt you physically, just like how he made you fall down? So, be careful" he said worriedly.

"You too be careful, Arnavji..."

"Nothing will happen to me. I touched the edge of death already. As I crossed the dangerous period of my life, I am in the safer zone now. And most probably, as you said, everything will end in a week, I have no doubt the victory will be ours"

Khushi nodded yes confidently.

"Let's head downstairs. I'm hungry"

They came to the dining. Nani saw them coming and she started noticing people's expressions in the dining. Everyone turned towards Arnav and Khushi and widened their eyes.

"Anjali said, you were injured badly last evening. Then, how could you walk so casually?" Shyam questioned, pouring orange juice into a glass.

"Khushi, are you all right?" Anjali asked.

"I am all right, Bhabi"

Arnav pulled a chair for Khushi and made her sit.

"I thought you will be on the bed for at least two days, taking rest," Anjana said.

"She would have been on the bed for more than two days if she is REALLY injured" Arnav smirked.

"REALLY INJURED means?" came from Sudhakar.

"Seeing oil on the stairs, Khushi understood that someone poured it to make her fall down. To make the person happy, she pretended like she was injured. Am I right Khushi?"

Khushi smiled. People around them looked at Khushi like she was a ghost. Was Khushi that sly?

"What do you mean, Nannav? Who wanted her to fall down? Why?" NK asked.

"One among you..." Arnav said not caring about anyone.

"Without proof, you should not blame anyone, Arnav" Sudhakar said.

"If I have proof I won't be just blaming. My action would have been different" Arnav said gritting his teeth.

All of them looked at each other bewildered. They saw Manohar coming to the dining.

"Where's Manorama?" Anjana asked.

"She is sleeping..."

"Sleeping? Still? It's 9 o'clock"

"She just slept Bhabi..."

"Just slept means?" she frowned.

"It means she didn't sleep the whole night"

"But why?"

"She was scared..."

"Scared about?"

"She said, there is a ghost in our room"