35 Fruit

Part 35 Fruit

Arnav opened his eyes jerking, sensing someone's presence. He looked here and there, frowning. Ratna got alert. She understood what was happening with her son. Did he sense her presence? Could he? Ratna went out and again came in. This time also Arnav turned behind and looked. Ratna was sure now. Arnav sensed her presence. She was overjoyed. Yet, she wanted to see what would he do... How would he react...!

At the same time, Khushi came to his room to sprinkle turmeric water just like the previous day. She got stuck, seeing Ratna in his room. Ratna gestured for her not to react, keeping her index finger on her lips. Khushi made up herself and sprinkled the turmeric water casually.

"What's this?" Arnav asked.

"It removes bad vibes..."

"How do you know all these things?"

"I told you, I belong to a spiritual family... These are the common things my Nanu followed"

"Oh... You said, no bad spirit and black magic affects you..."

Khushi nodded yes.

"How do you know?"

"My Pandit baiya said. It's there in my horoscope"

"Pandit baiya?"

"Yes, he is the Pandit of your Kuldevi temple"

"Oh... Is it in your horoscope?"

She nodded yes.

"Are horoscope things true?"

"Arnavji, won't you believe anything? Getting too much of doubt is not good"

She headed to the French door,

"Khushi, one minute"

"Mmm?"

"Didn't you say, you feel someone's presence around you?"

Khushi looked at him frowning. Why did he ask about that suddenly? She nodded yes.

"Don't you feel the same now?"

"I felt I when I slept alone in the guest room. After I started sleeping with Nani in her room, I don't mind about it..."

"Oh..."

"Why Arnavji? Why are you asking about it all of a sudden?"

Ratna was curiously watching him. She wanted Arnav to know about her existence but she could let him know that only if he felt her presence.

"Nothing... just asked..." Arnav sighed.

She went to the garden and sprinkled it at the place where she burnt the doll and then at the Northeast corner. She walked in. She stepped on the water and got slipped. The mug from her hand fled. The water splashed on Arnav who was standing close to her. Seeing her struggling to stand, Arnav wrapped her waist up and pulled her towards him. She looked at him with popping-up eyes and tried to come out of his arms but she could not. Then only she saw Arnav looking at her all lost. She looked for Ratna who was not there. Khushi tapped his cheek. Arnav flinched back.

"Leave me..." she said.

Arnav removed his hands, looking at her. She took the empty mug from the floor.

"Would all the bad vibes in me be gone?" Arnav asked.

Khushi looked at him frowning.

"You poured the remaining water on me..."

"I didn't pour it, I slipped, stepping on the water" She pointed at the water on the floor.

"You should have sprinkled a little amount of water, then it had not had happened"