01 THE MEET UP

----------------------AT HOME-------------------------

2 more days. tell myself. 2 more days until I finally see them after our good old college days.

I am scared to see them although we have talked online throughout the years, we're meeting up for Aisha's wedding.

----2 days later----

I was thinking about the fact that I was going back to India after 4 whole years! I was excited and nervous at the same time. I definitely did miss India a lot, especially the food there, it's amazing!
I was in my thoughts as someone interrupted me from it-

"ALIYAH ARE YOU COMING?" my annoying ass brother screamed from downstairs

"IM COMING IM COMING 2 MINUTES" i quickly yelled back and got to packing.

My mom, Nadia, told me to do it yesterday but I was too busy texting Aarohi, Zara and Kiara.

I checked my notifications once again and saw a message from Kiara asking me what I was wearing for the meet up, I responded by telling her that it would be a surprise and i asked her what she was gonna wear as I was waiting for her reply i heard another scream-

"ALIYAH!? MOM SAYS IF YOU DON'T COME DOWNSTAIRS NOW THEN WE'RE NOT LETTING YOU MEET YOUR FRIENDS" that jackass screamed from the kitchen.

"MOM VEER IS ANNOYING ME AGAIN"

"oh shut up the two of you sometimes I don't know how you both are my kids. Aliyah I told you to pack yesterday night, that's enough packing for a week's stay. And Veer don't trouble your sister and go sit in the car" My mom said bluntly.

"BUT MA-" me and my brother said at the same time shocked at one another.

"ok mummy let me just close the suitcase and I'll be down in a minute" i said as I hurried upstairs to my room.

Veer ran out of my room and dashed into the car head first, i seriously don't know how a 25 year old human can act so immaturely, I got back to packing and joined my mother downstairs where the car was waiting.

-------------------AT THE AIRPORT-----------------

My mom packed some Biryani to eat while waiting at the airport as she knew that we all would be hungry waiting for our flight departure.

I grabbed my laptop bag and shoved in the essentials like my laptop, notebook, airpods, chargers and portable charger.

We all got into the car and started for the airport. Our flight leaves at 12:30pm and it's 11 now. I went towards the flight board and checked for our flight from England to Mumbai, it'll take us about 9 hours to reach.

I sighed as it's going to be a long journey.
I mean, I don't hate travelling, in fact I love travelling but it's really tiresome and drains out my energy, oh and especially the jetlag! Ugh!

I shrugged off those feelings and thought of my friends.

I can't wait to see them!!
"Will they be happy to see me? or would it be awkward? or even worse what if they don't remember or recognise me?!"

I thought as fear spread all over me, but i shrugged off the unwanted feelings and focused on the present.

I wrote all the girls handwritten letters and added a small keychain as a reunion gift. I got us matching letter keychains so Kiara has K
Aarohi has A
Zara has Z
and I have A too.

We reached the airport and we'll board the flight in 30 minutes! I was excited and nervous at the same time as I had a fear of flights, especially when they take off.

Veer is eating something and texting someone as usual. I've asked him if he has had a girlfriend before but he says he doesn't like to talk about those type of stuff and always changes the topic which I find very suspicious but i drop the topic anyway!

---After 10 mins---

We start walking towards the gate as it's almost time for our flight to leave.

We board the flight and there awaits the long journey of 9 hours.

I put on my headphones and I was listening to music and unknowingly I dozed off into my sweet lumber.

------------------In India, Mumbai------------------

My mom woke me up as we reached Mumbai.

I woke up annoyed as I hate being disturbed when I sleep! But then i realised we're in India!!

I was so excited as we left the airport and came outside after all the check in processes.

Veer was handling our trolley with our baggages as me, mom and dad followed behind.

We soon took a cab and went to Kiara's house so i can surprise her. Kiara's parents and my parents know each other very well as me and Kiara have been best friends since our childhood.

I went up and hit the door bell as I heard someone coming up to open the door. Kiara had no idea I was coming to surprise her and I was excited to see her reaction!

Kiara's mom opened the door and was shocked to see me there.

"Aliyah! My baby" she said as she engulfed me into a big warm hug.

It wasn't weird at all as she considered me as her own daughter and she was like a second mother to me.

"Aunty you have changed so much! You look even more young and prettier since the last time I saw you!" I said as I hugged her back.

She greeted my parents and let us in as we all landed on the couch tired from our journey.

We all were talking as aunty offered us water, and a few snacks but I didn't eat any as I was already full.

They were kind enough to offer us to stay at their place while we're still in India, and we of course didn't say no as it can help them reminisce stories about the past and me and Kiara could spend some time together.

I still hadn't seen Kiara and I was looking around, wondering where she is.

Aunty seemed to notice me and she said "beta, she's in her room upstairs you can go and meet her" she said, as she smiled at me.

"Thank you aunty!" I squealed as I was making my way towards the stairs.

My dad and Kiara's dad were speaking about business and politics while I saw my mom and Kiara's mom go into the kitchen while gossiping. They were almost like best friends!

I went up the stairs thinking of all the possible reactions I can get out of Kiara.

I went up and knocked on the closest door I could find as I had no idea which one was her room.

===================================

Here is the first part guys!
This is just Aliyah's pov. Soon she'll be meeting the girls and there starts our most awaited journey!!

Please ignore any errors, if any, as this is my first time writing a book and everyone makes mistakes right? Yep so keep waiting for the next part!