26 THE HIGHSCHOOL REUNION (ZAHAN)

*Ahaan's POV*

As soon as Ayaan told me that Zara had called me, I immediately rushed outside the room and started searching for her. I went outside the hotel, the corridors and finally reached the lobby and stopped to take a breath. I heard footstep noises, I looked behind and saw Zara running towards me.

She stopped in front of me and kept her hand on her chest, trying to catch her breath as she was panting really badly.

"Hey calm down" I told her as I held her shoulders.

After she calmed down and was in a position to speak, I decided to start the conversation.

"Anyways, why did you want to meet me suddenly?" I asked her, confused.

I don't mind one bit that she called me, in fact I was the happiest person on earth when Ayaan told me that she wanted to meet me.

"When did I call you? You're the one who texted me" Zara asked.

What is she high on? Why would I text her and when did I text her?

"What? I didn't text you. Why would I?" I asked her, baffled.

"I literally got a text from your number Ahaan" She said.

I don't even know if I have her number, it's been years since we texted each other.

How did she have my number though? I decided to tease her about it.

"Ahh I see you have my number, Zara. You could've just asked me for it, you know, I won't deny you" I teased her and I saw her cheeks lifting up, which meant she was going to smile. I still remember every single detail about her.

"Idiot, I got it from our highschool group." Zara said as she laughed.

I just laughed it off too, who wouldn't smile when they saw her laugh? It was intoxicating in the best way possible.

"But I seriously didn't text you" I said as I took out my phone from my pocket and checked the chats.

The pinned chat was named "Zara". Oh, my bad. I totally forgot I had it pinned on top.

I don't remember texting her though, what the hell?

I opened the chat and it said,

Hey can you meet me in the lobby in some time

What the actual hell. I never sent tha- wait. I gave my phone to Ayaan.

Oh god, my brother was whipped. He probably did that to go see Kiara bhabhi.

"See that's the text I got" Zara said as she pointed towards my phone.

"That wasn't me. It was Ayaan. He asked for my phone to check for some email and he might've done it to go meet bhabhi" I told her as I shook my head at his silliness.

Who knew THE AYAAN KAPOOR would be this whipped for his wife?

I looked at Zara and saw her mood drop as soon as I said that.

Shit. what did I do?

"Oh. I guess I'll go now then" Zara said a little dejected and turned to leave.

no no no no no.

I caught her wrist and spun her around, she landed on my chest. She held my shirt tightly thinking she would fall, I won't let her get hurt.

The only thing I'll make her fall for is me.

Her eyes were closed tightly, she was still holding onto my shirt tightly.