12 THE ENGAGEMENT PT.1

*Few days later*
Kiara's POV

I hated the fact that I had to do this but I'm doing this to make my parents happy and their happiness is the most important thing to me, even if it means that I have to sacrifice my happiness and dreams. That's the least I can do after everything they have done for me.

Though I was pretty sad that someone won't be coming today.

We were already in my engagement venue, it was in a 5 star hotel and I was in the room getting ready for the engagement when my phone started ringing.

It was an unknown number so I ignored it. A few minutes later it started ringing again so I picked up only to hear muffled laughing from the other end. I thought it was some sort of prank call so I ended it after yelling.

People are so annoying nowadays.

I told everyone to go out as I wanted some time for myself, to think about everything in a calm state but I was everything but calm right now. I was panicking because I couldn't find half of my things and I was getting irritated each passing second.

I found my necklace and I was wearing it when Aliyah came in, she gave me a sympathetic look but I decided to ignore it and asked her about the most absurd thing I could think of.

"Aliyah what happened to that hairband you always used to wear?"

"Oh I lost it somewhere in Aisha's wedding, I tried looking for it but couldn't find it anywhere" She said while rummaging through my bag for something.

So she has no idea what happened?

"I see.. I have your hairband actually and what are you searching for?" I asked her.

"Arey you know that butterfly hair clip you have? That would look great with my outfit so I'm searching for it because I know you brought it." She said.

"Oh yeah, that. Here I have it with me" I said giving her the clip.

"Okay thanks Kia! Mai kuch help kardu?"

(Should I help you?)

"Nope. I'll get ready by myself. Thanks" I told her as she nodded and left.

I started getting ready again. I was wearing a off-white lehenga which had pastel coloured flowers on the ends. I chose this myself as it was really pretty and matched my vibe.

My mom kept insisting on calling a makeup artist but I declined because I don't like how they stuff your face with so much makeup and that makes it look cakey. I've tried many for different occasions but I always hated them. I decided to do my makeup myself this time.

My cousins came in and spoke to me for some time and they all left after a few minutes cuz I still had to get ready.

I wanted to dress up however I like and I clearly mentioned that to my mom and she didn't seem to mind as she wanted everything to be however I like.

I love her for that, she always supported me for everything and didn't pressurize me.

I was wearing my earrings when someone closed my eyes from behind. I got scared because there was no one in my room.