06 THE GIRLS

As we were going inside the house I heard her cursing under her breath

As we were going inside the house I heard her cursing under her breath. We reached the living room and I saw our parents giving glances to each other as if we weren't right there.

"Ayaan are you hungry? Want to have dinner?" Aunty asked me and although I was super hungry I saw Kiara holding her stomach, her eyes begging me to say yes.

So I said "No aunty I'm not that hungry now, maybe we can eat after 30 minutes? If that's fine with you."

"Of course beta we can eat after 30 minutes or whenever you want" aunty said to me as she smiled at me.

I saw Kiara glaring at me.

I saw that she was holding her stomach a little too much and though I liked teasing her, I'm not completely heartless.

"Can we eat now? Sorry aunty i changed my mind." I asked.

"No problem Ayaan. I'll go set the table and call you guys. Kiara beta can u please come help me?" She said sweetly to Kiara.

"Hmm okay ma" Kiara said, looking very relieved to get out of here.

My parents were talking to Mr.Khan while I was looking around. I glanced at the kitchen and saw Kiara stuffing her mouth with Gulab jamuns.
She noticed me looking and immediately turned a dark shade of pink and I chuckled internally.

I don't know why I like seeing her annoyed. Maybe it's cause she looks like a small child when she's annoyed? I don't know but for some reason I can't help myself from teasing her. But inside, I knew I should stop any possible emotions, as it never brings me any good.

After 5 minutes, Aunty called us all to the dining table and our parents conveniently made it so that Kiara and I had to sit together.

I saw her cursing again, I guess she loves cursing a lot. I thought as I went and sat on the only chair available that is, next to her. Ughh!

During dinner I noticed Mr and Mrs Khan very tensed, I knew exactly why they were tensed but decided to act oblivious.

After eating, Our parents were talking when the front door suddenly flew open and Mrs Khan explained that it was Kiara's bestfriend who was here to attend some wedding.

"Oh Hello- sorry aunty, uncle for barging in like this." The girl spoke, who I'm assuming to be Kiara's friend.

"No problem! What's your name beta?" My mom asked and the girl responded

"Aliyah, And you must be Ayaan right?" She asked suddenly looking at me.
"Mhm." I said.

"Nice to meet you aunty, uncle. I'm Kiara's bestfriend"

"Good to meet you too, beta!" My parents said.

She then quickly excused herself and went upstairs.

We all then finished talking and when it was time to leave our parents were bidding each other goodbyes.