27 THE 'I MISS YOU'

Kiara's POV

I went inside the kitchen just to see the most mouth-watering view I had ever seen in my 24 years of life.

Butter chicken gravy.
Rice.

My favourite, and the dessert? Though it's not a meal to the mouth, it's most definitely a meal to my eyes.

A shirtless Ayaan.

Holy shit.

His back was facing me, and I could hear the food sizzle as he kept tossing and turning whatever he was making next.

The muscles on his back were so clearly visible, his toned arms with veins popping out and his tiny, slim waist.

I kept staring at him trying to get the most out of this moment but I was disturbed when Ayaan suddenly spoke,

"Oh when did you come? Anyways dinner is ready" He said.

I know that he knows that I was checking him out shamelessly but he didn't show it.

I think I'm full after watching him cook, shirtless. I don't need my favo- I mean ex-favourite butter chicken anymore after seeing him.

"Thank you Ayaan" I said as I walked towards the island and plopped myself on the chair.

He just nodded his head and sat beside me and we started eating in silence. It was peaceful? kind of, but I don't like peacefulness.

"Why are you shirtless?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"It was getting hot in there" He said while shrugging nonchalantly.

I'm pretty sure he's the reason it's hot. I could feel myself sweating and drops of sweat trickled down on the side of my face.

Shit shit shit. I'm gonna embarass myself right now.

"Amore you okay?" Ayaan asked worriedly as if he doesn't know the reason it's happening.

He knows. I can see him trying to fight back that smile of his. Asshole.

"How could I possibly be okay when the hottest thing on earth is sitting next to me?" I said as I smiled innocently.

He's gonna play dumb? Challenge accepted.

"You gotta deal with it, love. You're stuck with this hottest thing forever" He said as he chuckled.

Oh damn. The deep, husky chuckle that makes me swoon every single time.

"I'm not complaining, I enjoy it" I said.

"You don't have a choice eitherway, amore mio" He said while looking at me in the eyes.

Touché.

"Hmm well anyways, I totally forgot to tell you I have to go to Manchester tomorrow for work" I said.

I didn't want to go. Not especially after our marriage, I wanted to stay with him and spend time with him but it was important and I didn't have a choice this time. I missed too many days off work.

"Oh. Do you really have to go?" He asked me.

Yes. But I don't want to.

"It's pretty important, I can't miss it. I'm sorry" I said apologetically because I did feel guilty about leaving after one day of our marriage.

"Can't you postpone it?" He asked desperately.

Does he want me to stay? Ugh he's making it even more harder for me to go.