16 THE REUNION PT.2

Ayaan's POV

As soon as my car arrived, I hopped on and drove as fast as I could. Speeding was never my thing but right now I couldn't care less.

I reached the hospital and went towards the front desk.

In the hospital

"Which room is Kiara Khan in?" I asked the front desk lady.

"Are you related to her?" the lady asked me.

"Yes, I'm her fiancé" I told her but she just eyed me suspiciously.

"We are not allowed to let anyone in unless we have proof sir." She told me.

Do people not check the news nowadays?

Cursing, I took out my phone and searched up my name on Google and showed her the headlines.

"Ayaan Kapoor, CEO of Ayaan Industries recently got engaged with Kiara Khan, who owns India's best fashion line"

I showed her the phone and she looked at it for a second and nodded.

"Room 22 on the second floor sir." She told me and I rushed towards the lift.

I was waiting for the lift to come but I grew impatient looking at the numbers going up and down so I just used the stairs, I didn't have enough time to patiently wait for it to come to the ground floor.

Once I reached room 22, I slowly knocked but no-one answered so I went in and saw her sleeping.

She looked really really tired and she had lost a lot of weight.

Is she not taking care of herself? Is that how busy she is? Dammnit!

I just sat on the chair next to her table and waited for her to wake up. It was already 3 am so I texted her parents and let them know that their daughter was safe and that she had just hit her head a little but it was nothing serious.

I felt really sleepy so I dozed off as my head rested on the bed.

When I opened my eyes, I think after 2 hours, I found Kiara turning again and again in her sleep.

I then heard her mumble some name but before I could hear her clearly she got up and looked at me as if I was a monster.

(what do you think she mumbled? -author)

"Do you seriously have to haunt me here also?" She asked as she looked at me and rubbed her eyes.

I haunt her? What? Crazy girl.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as I sat up straight and got excruciating pain in my back because of the uncomfortable position I slept in.

"I'm fine" she said as she looked away

"Missed me?" I asked her to which she gave me a classic eye roll.

"As if, why, did you?" she asked me as I smiled a little.

"Not one bit" I told the truth, more like lie.