18 THE PAST

Kiara's POV

Yesterday night as soon as Ayaan dropped me in my office, I met Ava who immediately rushed towards me and offered to drop me home.

"Are you okay now? How are you feeling?" Ava asked me as soon as she saw me.

She was more like a sister than a secretary to me, she was my only companion when I was here alone in Manchester.

"I'm fine thank you Ava but tell me what's the good news?" I asked her curious because I really wanted to know who was behind all this and if my suspicions were right.

"Nope, you go rest. Tomorrow I'll tell you, come on I'll drop you home" She told me as she pulled me back towards the parking lot.

She dropped me home and later left and the car ride was basically us chatting about the most random stuff.

Next day

"As you already know we got the files back but they're of no use now, they already have the designs. We have to make new ones and about the good news we might have an hint on who was behind the screen" Ava told me with a huge smile on her face.

All of us have been working very very hard and I'm really thankful for all of them as they are the reason behind my company's success.

"What's the hint?" I asked her as both of us started walking towards the lift to go upstairs to my cabin.

"So.. it's varun. Now don't freak out okay calm, we already know it's him so we just have to confront him" Ava said as she held my hands trying to comfort me.

Hearing his name, my mood had totally dropped. I knew it would be him but it's still shocking. Why did he have to come back and ruin everything?

"Oh." I told her blankly and by this time we had reached my office.

"I'll be alone for some time, Thanks" I told her as she nodded and left.

She's very understanding and supportive, one of the reasons why she's my secretary for nearly 3 years now.

I went inside my office and sat on the chair looking at the piles of papers on my desk.

Arghhhh. I wish I could just take a break from all this. I'm really tired but I have to finish this.

I wonder what Ayaan is doing right now, probably getting ready for his flight. I don't want him to go but I can't stop him, we're not that close.

Shrugging off the thoughts, I started working and it was 3 pm already.

I have to get lunch and just as I was about to get up someone entered the room.

I looked up to see.. Ayaan?

What he is doing here?

"Hey amore mio" He said as he came towards me and my feet was still stuck on the ground, I couldn't believe that he was here. He also had a bag in his hand.

"Why are you here?" I asked him because that's the only thing running through my mind.

"You don't want me here?" He asked while frowning.