43 who is it?

Zara's pov

One moment it's sunshine and rainbows and the next it's stormy. It takes a minute to tilt your whole world upside down. Less than a minute.

I went numb, I didn't know what to feel, think, or do. I feel paralyzed. The only thing I can do is stare up front and look at his body covered in blood.

blood.

so much blood.

I was never the person to faint when I see blood but now I hate blood. So much.

Everything happened within seconds. I heard a cracking sound and turned to see Ayaan Jiju drop the bag of food and run towards Ahaan.

That's when I got my senses back, I immediately ran behind Jiju and saw a clear view of Ahaan's almost lifeless body.

His white crisp shirt which is now blood red, quite literally. The beautiful pink flowers he got me were also covered in red.

My knees gave up and I kneeled next to his body and took his head in my lap while tapping his cheeks.

"A-ahaan wake u-up" I sobbed trying to wake him up, tapping his cheeks again and again.

His eyes were half-closed but he was still conscious.

"Z-ara-" He choked out blood as he tried speaking. I kept my hand on his mouth and shook my head telling him not to talk.

"KIARA CALL THE AMBULANCE P-PLEASE" I choked out not being able to talk.

"Z-ara listen," Ahaan tried speaking as he brought up his shaky hands to my face. I held his hand tightly not wanting to let go. I was terrified he would leave me.

"Ahaan please, please stay. Don't close your eyes" I said while sobbing uncontrollably. I couldn't stop it even if I wanted to.

He brought his bloodied hand to my cheek and kept it there as he whispered, "I love y-you" and his eyes closed.

"NO" I shouted as I tapped his cheek but he wouldn't move. I kept my hand on his temple and I could still feel his pulse, it was barely there.

"Zara move, the ambulance is here," Jiju said as the paramedics came and kept him on the stretcher.

"zara, love uth ja. He'll be fine hmm come on get up" Kiara said as she pulled me up from the middle of the road and that's when I looked at myself.

(get up)

My clothes, red.
my hands, red.
my face, red.
my legs, red.

I will faint. I can't handle this but I should. For Ahaan. He needs help more than I do.

I ran towards the ambulance and got in as Kiara and Ayaan followed behind.

As I watched, the doctor performed CPR to revive his breathing and inserted an IV needle into his hand. This was the most terrifying half hour of my life and I feared losing him.

"How's his condition doctor?" Ayaan Jiju asked the doctor whose face barely showed any emotions.

"Worse but we're trying our best" The doctor replied.

We reached the hospital and they pulled the stretcher out and took him to the ER, I didn't want to leave him but the nurses pushed me out of the room apologetically.

I fell on the chair with no energy and felt Kiara's presence next to me.

"He'll be fine don't worry" Kiara tried her best to console me but it all went in vain.