15 THE REUNION PT.1

Ayaan's POV

The morning after the engagement party, I decided to go for a walk near the hotel to clear up my mind.

When I was near the entrance of the hotel, I saw a familiar figure standing outside with a suitcase next to her. As I drew closer, I realised it was Kiara.

What is she doing with a suitcase?

"What are you doing with your suitcase?"
I asked her.

She told me that she has to go to Manchester for her work.

She's leaving right after the engagement?

She was waiting for the cab but I decided to drop her instead because this place isn't the best for a girl to go alone.

I brought my car and kept her suitcase inside and sat down, so did she.

I started to drive to her house and she was very very silent, which is very unusual for a chatterbox like her.

I noticed her drawing circles on her thigh, I have noticed this before too and it just increases my curiosity as to why she keeps doing this.

I kept looking at her from time to time because she looked very panicked and worried.

I might not give a shit about the engagement but she's still a human being with problems in her life.

Suddenly, she got a call and I looked away focusing on the road.

I heard her say "Okay thanks Ava, I'll be there soon".

By this time we had reached her house after an hour but she still was stuck in her own thoughts so I nudged her shoulder a little and she came back to reality and rushed inside her house.

I got out of the car and waited for her as I scrolled through my phone while leaning on the car frame.

She came back after 10 minutes and got in the car as we drove off.

Again, she was fidgeting with her fingers or drawing circles on the thighs. Now I was really concerned so I asked her what happened to which she replied "Kuch nahi".

(nothing)

Kuch nahi but she looks like she will faint any minute? sure.

"Why do you always find reasons to argue with me?" I asked her, because I was fed up. Everytime I asked her something she gave twisted replies.

She didn't answer my question so I looked at her again and saw her zoned out staring in front.

"ms. stubborn are you okay?" I asked her again to which she just told me to drop her off at the airport.

I left the conversation at that because I didn't want to bombard her with questions when she's stressed.

After about 30 minutes, we reached the airport and I asked her if she needed any help but she declined.

Either ways, I got out of the car and helped her with the suitcase. She thanked me and was about to leave, I whispered "be safe" and she replied back and went inside the airport.