42 what the hell?

Kiara's POV

You get heartbroken once. Fine, okay. You meet someone who loves you or at least claims to do so, and you trust them only for them to break you too in the end. Who do I blame? Myself for being so stupid and trusting them or them for being an asshole?

I don't know.

When Ayaan said he loved someone, I didn't know what to think. That's what he said to me too, and then he told me everything was fake. All those sweet things he did.

Bike rides, cuddling, talking about life, spoiling him, the fucking nickname. Everything.

fake. fake. fake.

Amore mio? It meant 'my love'.

If I was his love, why did he say everything is fake? Turns out, I wasn't his love after all.

all men are the same and I'm an idiot for trusting them again and again.

The girls pulled me away from Ayaan and took me to the corner. I was bombarded with questions but I didn't want to tell them anything.

It is between me and him and it will stay that way. There's no need for a third person in relationships.

"Kiara yaar kya hua bol toh de!" Zara said in a soft voice.

(Bro tell us what happened)

"Kuch nahi hua, we just fought. the usual." I said and walked away.

(nothing happened)

I know they just want to comfort me but I'm not in the mood to do anything right now.

I went to our room hurriedly and was about to lock the door but someone rushed inside.

"What do you want now?" I asked after realizing it was Ayaan.

"You" He replied casually.

It didn't fail to erupt so many butterflies in my stomach but not the time.

"I'm tired of it, Ayaan. I am. Let's stop this" I said defeated and sat on the bed too tired to do anything.

"I know, Amore mio. I understand but let's wait hmm?" He said and bent down on his knees to reach my level.

"I know... but I'm just... I can't handle this okay? It's so confusing!" I said annoyed.

He cupped my face in his hands and rubbed my cheeks softly, "Kuch aur time, my love" he said and got up to kiss my forehead.

(some more time)

I wanted to be in his embrace all day, all night, for the rest of my life but what can I do? It's fake.

Tsk. I laughed internally pitying myself.

"I'm going down," I said and got up running downstairs before I fell for another trick of his.

As I walked through the lobby thinking about what to do in Paris.

Paris is the city of love. Love? What even is love?

Love is him. My brain said.

No. It cannot be him. Not after everything he said.

Stuck in my thoughts, I bumped into someone's shoulder.

"Ouch," I mumbled to myself rubbing my forehead because of the harsh impact.

"bhabhi!" The voice said and I looked up to see Reyansh.

"Oh Rey, what's up?"

"Kuch nahi. I just wanted to tell you to ignore Ayaan. He's such an asshole sometimes, I know but uska kuch kar nahi sakte hum. I don't know why he's like this, but we're here for you bhabhi" He said and grinned.