34 THE BETRAYAL

*READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END*
and
listen to "Humraah(from malang)" for better experience. It makes it sm better
_________________________________

Aliyah's POV

I had planned on studying this evening as I had an exam tomorrow and I could not fail. My parents went out of town for the weekend and Veer was partying with his friends.

Oh how I love studying in a quiet and peaceful environmen--

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone buzzing so I picked it up to see it was Kia.

On the phone

Me: Hey Kia what's up!

Kiara: Aliyah. Where are you right now?

Me: At home? Why? Did something happen?

Kiara: Kinda. Ayaan told me about Veer.

It felt like my world stopped. I heard about it vaguely from Reyansh that day at the wedding but I didn't want to believe it.

Me: Kia.. Do you believe it?

Kiara: I don't know what to think about this. I believe Ayaan but to think about Veer doing that is just..

Me: Can you tell me everything. Please.

Kiara: Aliyah.. I don't know. I don't want to hurt you. Are you sure?

Me: I'm sure. Please Kia. I need to know.

I'm actually not sure at all. I know what she's going to say will hurt me but I can't prolong this any longer.

Kiara: Okay so. Ayaan and Veer used to be best friends. And Ayaan has an ex named Ahaana. Ahaana was dating Ayaan but then one day Veer started dating her. So Ahaana was dating both Veer and Ayaan at the same time.. Ayaan found out and cut ties with both of them but recently that bitch Ahaana is coming to my husband's office and creating problems for us all.

Every single line she was uttering was like a tight slap to my face.

How could my brother, the one person who I thought would never do something bad especially after what happened to me, do something as disgusting as that.

Kiara: Aliyah babe are you there? Helloo?

Me: Yeah I'm here. Thanks for telling me. I have to go now I'll talk to you after
sometime. I have an exam tomorrow.

Kiara: Please don't overthink about this too much. I know you will.

Me: Hm. Bye Kia.

I cut the call and switched off my phone.

I didn't want to think about anything right now. I went to the washroom and washed my face.

Just because my life is shitty doesn't mean that I shouldn't study for my exams. I took out my Accountancy book and started studying.