🌈Chapter 17🌈

WALLY POV

I made it to the spectra pools, to see Y/n there. They obviously knew I was there just refused to look at me.

I walk up to them.

"What did you need Y/n?" I felt a bit awkward using their real name but this didn't seem like the time to just call them Assistant.

"I just.. Need to uh-" Y/n was crying. They seemed so upset yet so happy at the same time.

"Thank you." They finally whispered.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I looked towards where their eyes were. The spectra pools. Oh how beautiful they were.

We watched them together in silence, taking in the now calming atmosphere.

"I can't shake this feeling off..."

"Huh?"

I swallowed, was I really about to say this here and now?

"This uh feeling in, my stomach, it won't go away."

Trying to find the words to describe it, Y/n just looks at me before calling someone.

Poppy?

"What? What are you doing?"

"You must be sick Boss, I will have you taken to the infirmary to be checked on."

Huh...?

I felt my confusion rise as I got pushed over to the infirmary which was quite a bit away. What is happening right now?!

I got seated in the nearest chair as I blankly watched Y/n talk to Poppy. I was unable to process both the situation and what they were saying.

Poppy reassured them and told them to come back in an hour for results.

Poppy then waited for the door to shut before turning to look at me with a cheerful smile.

"Alright Mr.Darling~, what's really going on?"

Poppy knew. I trusted her so much I couldn't lie.

"I.. Think I might feel a certain way about them but I never got my chance to tell them." Weirdly, I felt my face get hot and could hardly even keep eye contact with her.

She laughed happily, "I knew there was something between you too."

"Why don't you tell me about these 'feelings' until they return, hm?"

"Uhh, okay then." I grumbled, upset at how embarrassed I really was.

I ranted for what felt like only a few minutes before I heard the door open.

"Is he okay Poppy?"

"He's doing much better. It must've just been a very temporary issue!" Poppy grinned. It was beyond me how she can be so sweet and honest yet lie so easily.

"Come on with me Boss. I'm happy you're doing well."

They offered me their hand, so I grabbed it, feeling their skin (or fabric cuz yk puppets) I felt much more relaxed.

____________________

439 words

SORRY I FORGOT TO FINISH THIS CHAPTER YESTERDAY