🌈Chapter 23🌈

YN POV

I woke up to my alarm barraging me with an annoying ringtone. I angrily shut it off and sat up quickly although I was too tired to really fully open my eyes.

I got dressed in something casual, putting the white lab coat on.

I put up my long h/c hair incase I'd be working with anything messy.

(For ppl with short hair ofccc)
I put little bits of hair behind my ears,

Remembering the hairclips I bought on my first day here I decided to wear them once more.

After I fixed myself a very quick breakfast I left my dorm, taking deep breaths the closer I was to my office.

It's not like I'll have to talk to him.

But as unfortunate as I am, I opened my office door to see Wally resting, head down on my desk.

I couldn't decide whether to be confused to worried to see him.

I noticed my computer was still on so I quietly walked over to my desk and looked at the screen.

Every opened tab was filled with finished or almost finished documents. Had Wally been doing my work while I was gone?

A bit of fuzziness appeared in my stomach, this may seem like the bare minimum but this is Wally we're talking about! This act of kindness was new but nice to me.

I smiled for only a split second but snapped back to reality when I realized I'd have to wake Wally up if I wanted to work.

I stood behind him and prepared myself for the possible grumpiness I was about to witness waking him up.

Just has my fingers was inches from his shoulders, Sally ran to the doorframe yelling.

"WALLYYYYYY!! JEREMY MADE A MESS ON FLOOR 1!"

Wally jolted up, furious that he was woken up so aggressively.

"Are you FUCKING kidding me Sally?!" He stood up, not noticing me behind him.

He walked out of my office as Sally tried to explain what happened. She then turned around to face me and winked teasingly.

Sally is something else..

I sighed, annoyed but amused with Sally's expressions as she ran to catch up with Wally.

~timeskip~

I finished all of the remaining docs and finally finished listening to Wally scream at workers down below. The way his voice echoes is eerie and intimidating, I feel bad for the people down there.

Perhaps I could calm him down with a drink other than just coffee.

I made my way to the break room, and I saw Frank reading a book sat down at a table.

"Where is Eddie today?"

"Oh, he has to work with the lab team today on a very important project. Eddie is the only worker that can keep them in line given how you were out yesterday and Wally is too busy with whatever."

"Hmm, I understand, do you know what it's about and the progress so far?"

I pulled out a teabag and started heating up water.

"All I was told was that it's going to take a good while to finish, he said nothing else can be said to workers not assigned."

That's strange, it's usually safer for everyone to know so nobody accidentally screws it up.