4 ~ Back to Home

15K Votes ❤️

Suman POV

I woke with the chilling shivers running into my body and looked around to find myself in the same place. I immediately looked in his direction, and my heart beat raced, not finding him there.

Standing up quickly, I placed the dupatta on my head and took a step forward towards the door.

But before I could even touch the door, it pushed open, and I looked at his tall figure standing right there.

I immediately took a step back and saw him lowering his head a little to step into the cottage.

"Where did you go?"

I asked and I realised that my voice came out a little loud. He thinned his brows and looked down on the floor in search of something and said.

"Sirf praan bachane ke liye maang Bhari thi, Patni nahi ho hamari,"

"I filled the partition of your hair just to save you, you are not my wife,"

His voice sounded dry and I immediately tried to replied.

"I know, I know, Kunwarsa. I just got scared finding myself alone. I am sorry,"

I said and he nodded. 

"Come on, lets go. I have arranged a small palanquin for you and a few soldiers to take you safely back to the Kingdom. I will come later and remember, nothing happened with you and nothing happened between us. My marriage is important and I cannot afford any blunders in that,"

He said looking at me and I immediately lowered my gaze and said.

"I am just a maid, Kunwarsa. There was no need to arrange palanquin and soldiers for a maid like me,"

He took a step closer and I immediately took a step back lifting my gaze to look at him.

"Humse behas mat Karo... Jitna kaha hai utna karo,"

"Do not argue with me... just do as I say,"

He said with the slightly threatening tone and I immediately shook my head.

"No, I will go with the palanquin and soldiers, people will notice and sense that something is wrong. You just show me route to Suryagarh out of this forest and I will manage myself,"

I said and took a step forward to walk past him but he suddenly said.

"Fine, then people from your tribe burn you after finding you alone. Have you not heard them that we have to look like married couple to you alive,"

His words refreshed the memory of yesterday and I immediately fisted my hand to calm my racing heart beats. I did not know but I would never be able to get over that. 

I did not know what's wrong with my life because whenever I feels that nothing could go wrong beyond it, I find myself in even worse situation.

And, now this.

But, it was just for today. Once we get into the Kingdom, he would not see and I would not see him too.

I inhaled deeply and nodded silently.

"Okay,"

I said and silently started following him. I looked at his hand holding that dagger with which he killed so many women.

What kind of men he was who killed so many women? And, how did he save me then? I mean, it was easy for him to let me leave. In the few moments, no body would have known who was Suman but he saved me.