12 ~ The Reality

15K Votes ❤️

Suman POV

I was trying to walk faster as much as I could. And, I could feel his footsteps following me with the same speed.

What the hell just happened?

A girl?

How could I get bad fortune back to back in a month?

No, the girl was not the misfortune but the choice I made was surely one.

But, I did not agree to the bet.

Yes, I did not.

I did. Urghhhh.

But, I did not even reply to him.

"Bhaag kyu rahi ho?"

"Why are you running?

I heard his voice and a shiver ran down my and I inhaled deeply trying to concentrate on my walking along with ignoring him but due his tall legs, he covered the distance quickly and started walking beside me and when we were walking through the less crowded or I should say, the no crowded gallery because all the attendees were running from here to there due to happiness, he said.

"Do not worry, I am in no hurry, you can do it whenever you want, bi"

I could sense the teasing behind his slow and deep voice and I inhaled deeply and looked at him, giving a break to my feet.

"Its wrong, you are going to get married in just four months,"

I tried to say in slow voice and he inhaled deely looking at me and slowly took a step forward. A wave of fear ran through my body and I immediately took a step back and tried to look around.

He took another step closer and I felt my back touching the wall behind me when I took a step back in anticipation.

I started shifting on my feet nervously seeing him coming closer and tried to say.

"What are you doing? Kunwarsa, someone will see us,"

My voice came out shaky and afraid and he said in the slow voice.

"Tooti footi, kachi pakki, nakli, asli hi sahi, thodi si patni to ho na hamari, shart haari ho to vo to karna padega,"

"Real, fake, broken, half full, you are my wife, even if its a little bit, and now when you have lost the bet you have to do that,"

He said in the slow voice and I did not know but his words were making me feel hot in my cheeks. I did not know why his voice were making my knees weak and I tried to say. Especially Half wife. I was feeling like a sinner.

"Aap hamare pati nahi hai... vidh...,"

"You are not my husband... I am a wid...,"

I did not know but the words itself hung in my throat. I could not complete them. The words of those people that he could die after marrying me alarmed in my ear and I just could not say it. How could I become a bad omen to a person who saved my life?

"Say it,"

He said and I opened my eyes and looked at him intensely looking at me.

"This is wrong. You should behave as if I am dead, please, I know you are just teasing me, but please, do not do it,"

I tried to say and he inhaled deeply looking at me. There was a calculated pause between us and he nodded slowly.

"Fine, but, even if you were not my half, little bit of wife, and lost a bet to me, I still would have asked you to fulfill your promise. I am dedicated to my bets,"