40 ~ A Ride with Conversation

15K votes fastt!!!

Suman POV

"This night is yours. Ask whatever you want, and all your wishes will be granted,"

His words brought a bright smile to my lips, and I looked at the dark way in front of us, comforted by the sparkling moonlight.

It was a slight tilt on which we were riding right now, and I could feel his weight shifting on my back.

The speed of Ashwait increased as we ran down the tilt, and he turned towards an empty, sandy road. The knocking of the horse's feet against the land, the bouncing of us on his back and the thick cold air hitting my face gave me goosebumps.

"Tell me, Suman, where do you want to go to spend the night?"

He asked, and I sucked on my lower lip for a moment before muttering.

"To the cottage where we spent our first night," my voice came out slightly afraid, and he muttered in my ear.

"Are you sure?" he whispered and slowed down the speed of Ashwait when we hit the outskirts of a dense forest.

I nodded slowly. My fingertips were getting cold due to the chill weather.

As we entered the forest, the moonlight was getting thin, and he whispered in my ear. "So, are you happy with me?"

He asked in a slow voice, and I thinned my brows with a playful smile.

"Am I with you?"

My question made him chuckle a little, and he kissed below my ear.

"You are not with me?"

As I said, my lashes felt heavy with his slow mutterings and featherly kisses.

"Not yet. The world does not know that we are together," I managed to say slowly, and he whispered in my ear.

"I never understand the concept of validation by society. I do not know why the world has to know that two people have a thing, and they need to validate it with their fake blessings," He said, and I inhaled deeply before staying silent for a moment.

"It's not validation, but it's more like marking your territory and announcing to be responsible for the other person," I tried to say, and he kissed me again slowly.

"What do you mean?" He asked, and I sucked on my lips and looked at the beautiful way we were in.

"It means telling everyone that this person is yours and no one can sensually think of him. And being responsible for someone. That is what the animals do, too. They mark their territory and claim this one of their choice to be theirs," I tried to say, and he inhaled sharply against my ear.

"But, you know, people do not support you. Although you make efforts to make it known to everyone, you will have to prove at every step,"

I thinned my brows with the confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, what I know is my parents did announce to the world about their illicit affair to be recognised as a marriage. But nobody accepted it. When they died, no one allowed us to live in the Kingdom; no one cared for us. We were always considered the illegitimate children of the Kingdom," He said, and I inhaled sharply, hearing him.

"I did not know that," I said, blinking nervously. "I mean, not this much," I corrected myself.

"You know it does not matter if the World knows or not. What matters is whether you know or not. People in relationships who are accepted, validated and known to the world cheat, break and leave. The person who is not scared of societal judgements does not care what the world thinks about him. He would do whatever he want to do and still live with the pride. Because, at the end he knows that judgements do die with the people," He said and I sucked on my lower lip.