77 ~ A Risky Pleasure

10K votes fast!!!

Do not try the stunt performed by the couple. Maybe 16+

Suman POV

I was staring at my hands. The mild fragrance of the henna bathed in the essential oils, especially jasmine, wrapped me as if I were sitting in the middle of a floral garden. A smile was there on my face, though a slight one only.

All of this was dreamy. Too much dreamy to believe. Now, I could trust or prove that there was something called destiny. I did not know how much of it was written in my stars and how much I had worked hard for it. For so many reasons, I knew I did not deserve any of this.

This was not the first time when a helper was getting married to a Prince. The enslaved people, the attendees, and the lower people did get married to the Princes in history, but no wedding was like this. They were mostly political moves, few for love and many for lust.

But, my marriage with Kunwar Agastya was something different. Not just something but very different. My whole life, I kept on searching for the purpose in my life; I kept questioning the supreme power and why he gave birth to me when he only planned to make me suffer. And, when no light seemed to be coming into my life except pain and suffering, I stopped asking that question, too.

But now, I think I know why my life was like that. Now, I could see the light coming to me. My light, my purpose, my destiny was this. Wife of Kunwar Agastya Dev Singh. I was meant to meet him; I was meant to be by his side. I suffered because only the suffering could teach me that everyone deserves love.

For a year, when we were not together, he left me, and I was alone in the Kingdom; I used to wonder if, for every mistake, we kept punishing the person, would that mean he would never deserve love?

Strangely, I found the answer in myself. And, for me, Kunwar Agastya deserved love. Through it, I understood one thing: shower him with love if you think this person deserves love despite all his mistakes. Provided his intentions towards you should be loving and caring. No one deserves love in exchange for brutal intentions.

Kunwar Agastya has showered me with nothing but love. Love that I stopped longing for, love that I stopped asking for, love that was erased out of my life.

He came as a new hope in my life, a new spring and flooded me with his fragrance, happiness, charm and love.

I inhaled deeply, staring at his name written in the middle of my henna, looking beautiful and elegant, something I never thought would be happening to me. My heart was so full of gratitude and love that it was aching.

After eight years, I had put henna on my hand again, and honestly, it felt like it was my first time. I blinked rapidly to avoid the happy tears rolling down my cheeks and making people notice I was crying.

The flowery crosses and filling designs on my palm seemed like the phases of a happy marriage. Flowers for happiness cross for problems and challenges and fill for the moments when there would be nothing but killing time with each other.

I chuckled, but we would be together, if not physically all the time, but emotionally, mentally and lovingly.

"Suman, come na," I came out of my wandering thoughts and looked at Nandani, panting a little and holding my hand.

"It's dried now, right?" she asked, and I nodded. My sight moved slightly off of her to notice everyone dancing to the melodies of the cultural folk songs, tabla, Dholak and flutes.

"It's your sangeet, come," she said, and I tried to shake my head. "I do not dance," I said, and she thinned her gaze.

"What are you saying?" her voice was loud, but still, it came very ruffled due to the musical noise.