14 ~ Dinner

15K Votes ❤️

Agastya POV

She ran out of my chamber. 

A wave of suspicion and regret ran through my nerves. Did I do something wrong?

Was she okay?

Her face looked slightly pale and confused when she brought the dinner. Even with a ton of happiness she looked slightly off. Maybe she was tired. Or maybe something was wrong.

I could not guess.

But, yes, her face changed when she tasted the sweet.

I thinned my brows and lowered my gaze to the bowl. Dipping my finger again, I tasted it. It was more than perfect.

Then what happened to her?

I did not know but my heart was telling me that something was not right with her. She looked happy back in the kitchen when we both were making the list. But, when she came here, her face looked different.

I hope someone not bothering her?

Maybe, his dead husband's family tried to contact her.

I immediately stood up from my couch and walked towards the authority of letters. I asked him to show me the copy of all the letters recieved in the last seven days. I went through each one of them all by myself and nothing looked suspicious.

Then what was she worried about?

Was it about me talking to he?

But, she did not look unhappy talking to me. Only irritated though. Which I like because it keeps her mind away from the past.

And, she was acually doing better now. She looked more indulged in the work. She was not needing me more. And, with my teasing and irritation, she was running away from me too. Which was actually good for her.

At this moment, nothing more than a relationship was harmful for her. And, for that I found my disloyal image and flirting very useful. 

That means if she would keep getting irritated with me, she would not fall for me.

But, something seemed really off today on her face.

I came back from the authority of letters and laid on my bed to get some sleep. But, I was not really able to sleep.

The thoughts of her battles and struggles kept spinning around my head. I mean, a woman who had been forced, then left and then not really left to live happily. How could you expect her to to just forget and live happily.

No matter how much you run, a part of your past always run behind you.

I palmed my face not able to catch the sleep and finally gave up.

After taking a quick bath, I started to write letters to all the guests for the baby's sixth day feast. But, the back of my mind I was having the image of that day when she was crying in my arms. I just could not get it out of my mind and this was getting into my way.

After finishing with the letters, I went out to look after the preparations. But, unconsciously my eyes were looking for her. In the kitchen my gaze scanning all the woman. Short height, Wheatish skin, wavy curly hair, big smile, beautiful red lips, a mole on the right cheek, one on the left side of neck. Two red bangles in each of the hands, tiny waist with small belly. And, frustration that would come up on her skin after noticing me around.

But, the sun set down the horizon, the winds changed to chilly, the insects came out, the birds went back to their homes and my eyes could not find her.