11 ~ The Bet

15K votes ❤️

Agastya POV

My steps were running furiously through the gallery and my fingers were shaking slightly. After sending the letter to mahabaleshgarh, I immediately ran towards Bhaisa's chamber. But I stopped my furious steps like any other man outside her bedroom from where her loud screams were echoing throughout the whole of the chamber.

I had never heard such an intense, painful voice in my whole life except once when I saw her lying on that pyre.

Life and death can make you cry the same.

I did not know but these screams, even knowing that it would bring a good news and new family member, were remembering me those painful voice of her screaming.

Its almost been a month but the image of that pyre, and she lying alive on it, a man waiting to lit the fire and the people waiting for to hear her screams were as vivid as the reality was.

Dangerous.

And, something that could break a person for the rest of the life.

I did not know what came to my mind when I read the copy of her letter. I had known her as much I had known the soldiers of our army, staying in the same Kingdom but not a full fledge interaction.

But, our interactions were no more like before now.

There was a kind of compunction in me after that incident. 

I knew it did not mean anything, atleast not for, and not for me too.

But, still I could not erase that moment, when she was crying in my arms, her tiny hands, that used serve me food, fisting on my clothes, and her voice, shaking, crying, begging, that used to bring me messages from Bhabhisa, everything was telling me that she was a nice person, that she did not deserve to die.

The future results and the consequence it would bring, I could not calculate those in that moment, and I still could not.

Except the fact, that now, everytime I see her, I feels a connection with her. I feel that it was my responsibility to keep her safe from those people.

And, moreover the need of being close to her. I did not know why I was not being able to keep myself away from her whenever she comes into my chamber. Whenever she stands in front of me, I just feels like talking to her, teasing her, or do anything but make her stay with me.

Her skin feels soft against mine. Her lips had never been so beautiful. Or maybe I had started noticing now. She had beautiful eyes and whenever she put kohl in that, like today, it makes me feel like believing that maybe without my choice but she was mine. 

In the last two weeks, I had seen her ignoring me and I tried my best to ignore her but a single eye contant and I would feel like everything was real with her.

But, I could not ignore the fact that she could not be my secret affair. Despite my guards falling down in front of her and I was trying to cover them up with my rudeness, I could not get close to her.

But everything was getting against what I originally planned.

I did not know but I wanted to be close to her before I leave for Mehrangarh again. And, I was feeling equally terrified with the fact that if anything would happen to me, she would blame herself.

Believe it or not. But, it was clear in her eyes that she was seeing me more than a Prince now. Her firceness in front of her, her talks like she had right on me. Everything was driving me crazy.