Chapter 5

"Fuck," I heard someone mumble, and my eyes flicked open

"Lee Know?" I grumbled, still half asleep.

"Han, sorry. Go back to sleep. I didn't mean to wake you," Lee Know whispered. His voice sounded shaky.

"Why'd you turn the light on?" I asked, glad that it was at least off now.

"I was, uh, looking for you," Lee Know admitted. "I didn't know you were asleep, though."

"Come here," I whined, still drunk. Lee Know came closer, and I reached out for his hand. He gave it to me, and I pulled him down so that he was eye-level with me, crouching beside the couch.

"You're so pretty," I smiled. I tried to reach out to touch him but Lee Know took my hand in his and kissed it instead. "Good night, Han," he whispered.

I smiled and snuggled back under my blanket with a yawn. Lee Know seemed pleased, and I watched as he walked away, closing the door behind him. My eyes drooped shut once again.
—————————————————————————

"We can't tell him," I heard someone whisper.

"We have to tell him. He'll find out eventually," Changbin replied.

"Or you could hire someone to remove it," the other voice whispered.

"Who? The feds? Be serious, Felix," Changbin retorted. He sounded annoyed.

Suddenly the door hinged open, and I was greeted by the smell of coffee, bacon, and pancakes. This had to be bad. Changbin never made breakfast.

"Hey buddy," Changbin greeted. Whatever happened, I was fucked. Breakfast AND a hungover Changbin being nice?

"Who died?" I questioned.

"What could you possibly mean?" Changbin asked. "I just wanted to wake up my very best friend with his very favorite breakfast of cinnamon pancakes."

"I heard you outside," I said as I picked up a piece of bacon.

"Oh, well, in that case..." he began. "You know that really pretty skirt that you loved even though you were shy about it at first?"

"Yes..." I replied having no idea where this could be going.

"Well...someone took a picture of it and it's sort of blowing up on Instagram."

"Excuse me?" I asked, feeling completely anxious. I usually hid under the radar at school so finding out I'd have to go to classes tomorrow with people talking about me was not on the list of things I wanted to do.

"On the plus side, most of the comments are positive," Felix smiled. His genuine response eased me a bit. I pulled out my phone and went to Instagram where the school's gossip page had posted about my outfit.

There was comment after comment talking about how good I looked. A few scarce homophobic comments.

"Yummy 😋" Felix had written.

I stopped on his comment and turned the screen around to face them.

"Really, Felix?" Changbin shook his head.

"He did look yummy, though," Felix replied in his surprisingly deep voice.

Changbin just rolled his eyes.

I took a deep breath but sat up, ready to enjoy the rest of the breakfast. I guess if most of the comments were positive, I couldn't really complain all that much. Lee Know had seemed to like it at least.

I pulled out my phone again. Apart from my legs looking pale, the pics weren't even bad. Having Felix's reaction forever immortalized would be funny. I slid through the rest of their photos and stopped on one that made my heart jump.

Lee Know's expression had been caught, too. And he didn't just look excited like Felix, he looked ravenous. Lee Know looked like he could've devoured me in front of everyone. Like he could've gone way further than we had at the club. Like he could have bent me over and...

"What is it?" Changbin asked. I slid my phone to him as I took a bite of the pancake.

His eyes widened. "Damn, Han," was all he said.

Felix looked over his shoulder and his jaw dropped, "He looks yummy, too," he replied.

"Felix, you can't just call everyone yummy," Changbin complained.

"But I don't. I only call yummy people yummy," he teased.

"You haven't called me yummy," he whined.

"Oh, so you're not mad I called them yummy. You're mad that you're feeling excluded," Felix called him out while moving towards him.

"Maybe..."

"You're yummy too," Felix said kissing him. "Very yummy."

Changbin leaned forward and kissed Felix again. I finished chewing my pancake bite before interrupting. "Hey guys, skirt-wearing-breakfast-eater over here!" I waved.

Felix apologized shyly.

"Also, these are really good, Changbin. Did your parents get a new chef?" I didn't want to tell him, but the last time I ate here the pancakes had been dry and thin.

"I made them," Felix announced proudly. "I'm a good baker and best at anything with 'cake' in the title."

"Whoa! That's awesome. They're delicious." I responded. "Actually, they're yummy," I joked.

Felix smiled. "Changbin and I are heading to campus. Do you want a ride to your dorm?"

"That would be great, yeah! Can we meet downstairs in 30? I'd like to shower."

"Sounds good," Changbin responded and the two got up to get ready themselves.

I finished the yummy breakfast made by Felix and took an ice-cold shower. I could still feel traces from where Lee Know had touched my waist. Every part of me could give itself over to him so easily.

I wished I could ease into things the way other people can. Like Changbin. He obviously likes Felix, but he's able to take it at a responsible pace. Nothing too serious too fast.

I wanted to be more like that. I wondered what Seungmin was like...

Did he also fantasize about Lee Know? Does he also struggle with casualness? How did they meet?

I moved the faucet to completely cold. I needed to stop letting my mind do that. Obsession isn't healthy. My therapist said so. I repeated that to myself as I got ready.

I found myself with a few minutes left to wait in the entryway for Changbin and Felix. I opened back up my phone and scrolled to the photo of Lee Know looking at me. I screenshotted it. I zoomed in. I stared at him staring at me.

My eyes glazed over from staring for so long, but I couldn't help it. His dark eyes, his barely open mouth, the way he was leaning forward towards me, the single piece of hair falling on his forehead...

Uh oh...I needed him.