Chapter 78

Lee Know POV

Lee Know POV

I went to my car that Mrs. Seo had repaired and prepared for me. Sure enough, she'd had new IDs and keys ready for me. I pocketed them and switched on the phone she'd given me. It would take a while for all of my data to sync to this new device so I figured I'd let it get started while I grabbed our dinner and fed my cats.

When I pulled up to Han and I's house, I was relieved to see it was okay. Part of me had been worried that Jeongin could've found and burned our home down, too. If he'd killed my cats, I'd have literally hunted him down and torn him apart limb from limb.

Soonie and Doongie were waiting for me when I opened the door. They were clearly hungry, and I pet them gently while I apologized for coming home so late.

I couldn't see Dori and chirped to coax him out of hiding, but he never came. I grabbed the cans of their food and opened the first one. Upon hearing the metallic lid pop, Dori came barreling into the room and jumped onto the counter.

He cuddled against my arm but bit my thumb as I placed the food in front of Soonie first.

I quickly prepared food for Doongie and Dori and stood over them as they ate together. I snapped a selfie and sent it to Han's number. I assumed Mrs. Seo had a phone for him ready to go as well.

Once done, they all separated and went to their own favorite places to relax. I sat with Soonie for a bit who was rolled up in a blanket on the sofa.

"I'll be home with other daddy soon," I told him. He purred as I pet him and fell asleep adorably against my leg.

I stood up gently so as not to wake him and whispered to all of them as I left the house, "Love you. See you soon."

I locked the door behind me and blew them a kiss. I reached into my pocket and was glad to see that my phone was done updating. I checked my messages and when I saw that I had a text from Hyunjin, I nearly cried.

"Where is everybody?" he'd asked this afternoon.

He was okay. At least I hoped it was Hyunjin. Jeongin could have found his phone.

I replied back cryptically in case I was talking to the other brother, "Where are you? We are all okay."

When he didn't answer right away, I turned the volume up and decided to stop by the other house, too. I wondered if the search team had found him or any sign of Jeongin.

When I got there, though, I saw the team sitting around, laughing, and drinking beers. My face went red with anger as I stormed out of my car.