Chapter 68

"In what world is that a cat?" Lee Know yelled

"See the ears?" I argued as I pointed at the horrible drawing I'd done. To be fair, I knew it looked nothing like a cat, but I'd still expected him to get it considering that he had three of his own.

"They're rounded," he laughed. "That's why I kept saying bear."

I giggled and sat in his lap while Changbin and Hyunjin stood up for their turn. The party had been going well, and I was so excited that Changbin seemed to be enjoying himself.

When we'd gone upstairs, he'd confessed to me that he had thought we'd forgotten his birthday since none of us had texted him this morning. His own parents only remembered on the drive over to drop him off. I felt a little bad, but at least he was surprised.

I'd clued him in on Chan's new job, so he wasn't weirded out at seeing Seungmin here or Chan giving him so much attention. However, even I was a little shocked at how much Chan seemed to be enjoying himself. Maybe he was just really good at his job, but I couldn't help but wonder if he was starting to have feelings for Seungmin.

Seungmin had his hand on his thigh and Chan kept looking at it as if he wanted to hold it. I wished he would just do it. The anticipation of whether he would or wouldn't was killing me.

Changbin and Hyunjin finished their round, and we applauded their efforts.

"It's really not fair that Changbin has a literal artist," Chan joked as he made his way to the drawing board for his turn. "They're winning too easily."

"It's my birthday. I think I deserve to win," Changbin teased.

Chan and Seungmin were next. I flipped their timer so they'd have their minute, and he began. First, he drew a house and then a sickly-looking dog.

"Horse!" Seungmin shouted.

Chan moved on and drew a question mark next to a sickly-looking bird.

"Quail!"

He then drew a square next to a horribly drawn outline of New York City for the Statue of Liberty and a heart next to an oval with legs for a hamster.

"Wow!" Changbin sat in shock with the rest of us. "You almost caught up to us."

"Guess we're just on the same wavelength," Chan shrugged and he and Seungmin high-fived before plopping back onto the couch.

"Or you cheated," I laughed. He was obviously drawing something for the first letter to give him a hint.

"I told you we'd get caught," Seungmin mumbled to him nervously.

"It's not cheating if it's not in the rule book."

"So you won't mind if Lee Know and I do that?" I questioned him.

"I actually think it's more cheaty to copy someone's game plan," Chan snarked.