Chapter 77

Lee Know POV

Lee Know POV

Han had gotten checked out. He hadn't broken his ankle, but he did sprain it really badly. He'd be okay in a week or so. He definitely had a concussion and wasn't allowed to sleep tonight either. I'd promised to keep him company and to make sure that he stayed awake. He also had inhaled a lot of smoke, so they asked me to make sure he had two glasses of water every hour.

But he was okay. He'd be able to rest tomorrow, and he'd be fully recovered once his ankle healed. When I had been searching for him in the woods, my mind went to the worst places. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I'd found him dead.

When I had watched the beam knock him out, and they both fell down the stairs until it landed on his head again while still aflame, I had thought I'd been witness to his death. I had run right over and lifted it off of him without a second thought. I didn't even feel the pain of it. I was too focused on getting the sweatshirt that had caught fire off of him, too.

I thought he had died or was close to it. His pulse was barely readable. He lay there for a while, unmoving. I was afraid to lift him in case he was hurt, but then he'd woken up like nothing had even happened.

Now, I stared at him as he watched Seungmin rest. I wanted to hear the whole story about what had happened in the woods, but I knew that whatever it was had bonded them. It also seemed Han had forgiven him or was at least close to it.

Knowing he took a bullet for Han, I'd forgiven him too. Seungmin was so confusing. He sometimes made choices that I couldn't predict and didn't like, but then was able to justify them and show he was a good person. It reminded me of when we'd been together.

"I'm glad he's okay," Han whispered to me. They'd removed the bullet that had been lodged in Seungmin's shoulder.

"Me too," I squeezed his hand.

"He has feelings for Chan," Han shared with me. "He was worried about him the whole time."

I couldn't share Chan's news with Han, so I just nodded.

"I hope it works out for them," I told him. Han smiled softly and turned back to Seungmin who was still sleeping from his anesthesia.

I heard his stomach rumble, and he coughed to cover it up as he tended to Seungmin's blankets so that he'd be warm.

"We should get you something to eat."

"I'll be fine. What if he wakes up while we're gone? I don't want him to be alone."

I really needed to know what happened. Han was being so protective of him.