Chapter 8

I was very happy with the progress I had made this week

I was very happy with the progress I had made this week. I opened my notes app to add in my newest discovery:

1. matcha lattes and croissants
2. me in a skirt
3. his cats
4. purple
5. dancing

And the newest addition:
6. cold weather

I will admit, it's not a very thorough list. I don't know his favorite deep cut of his favorite album by his favorite artist. But it's a start.

Hopefully tonight I'd be able to use some of this information to make him like me more. I was also eager to wear my skirt again for the sole purpose of seeing Lee Know's reaction. It would be gratifying to know that I had some sort of power over him as well, and, if he looked at me like he did last week, I would know that I do.

As requested by Felix, I had made brownies to bring with me and they actually came out well. I did my best not to cook them too much since Changbin liked them slightly underdone.

I threw on my shirt and sweater vest before slipping into my new skirt. I looked in the mirror and felt pleased with my reflection. I then put on the same shoes I had worn last week to the club...there's no reason to dirty a second pair of shoes.

Just as I had finished tying the laces, Changbin honked outside. I grabbed my wallet, phone, camera, and brownie platter and skipped out of my dorm to meet him.

I waved as I walked towards the car and saw Felix in the passenger side gawking at me. I immediately felt I had made the right choice in choosing a skirt, and smiled widely and confidently.

Changbin's sleeveless top would definitely be noticed by everyone as his biceps were exposed. Felix had himself wrapped around one of them and was giddy.

"Han, did you love my gift so much that you decided to wear a skirt every weekend?" Changbin asked.

"Every weekend Felix is here to react like that," I laughed, and Felix grinned at me through the rearview mirror.

"Hey!" Changbin yelled jokingly, "He's my boyfriend! Get your own!"

Felix kissed his cheek while giggling, and Changbin began to drive.

Once we got to the party, I began to feel anxious. I was worried about the thought of more people seeing me in a skirt who might not be as nice about it. I was worried about trying to play it cool with Lee Know using the information I'd learned. And I was worried about sharing food with people at the club. What if they used the bathroom, didn't wash their hands, and then used the community chip bowl? Disgusting.

I let Felix and Changbin know that I wanted to sit outside for a bit. They offered to stay with me but I encouraged them to head inside and that I would be in soon. I watched as they had their IDs checked and heard the music envelop them when the door opened.

I sat on the curb and wondered if I should just leave. I wasn't even sure Lee Know would be here. I barely knew Hyunjin. And Changbin would surely be glued to Felix all night. Trying to navigate the club potentially alone did not seem like much fun.