Epilogue

(9 months later)

(9 months later)

"Lee Know! Have you seen my white shirt?" I called out.

I heard footsteps approaching from down the hallway and Lee Know appeared with my button-up shirt that I had been searching for.

"I was steaming it," he grinned and handed it to me. "I can't have my soon-to-be husband looking like a mess today."

I hit his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me, confining me. I winced as he squeezed me so tightly that I struggled to move even an inch.

"Are you ready for today?" His smile hadn't left his face since he walked into the room, and his eyes sparkled as he looked at me eagerly.

"Yes," I kissed his cheek. "Are you ready for today?"

"I've been waiting for this day for every single second of my life," he replied sweetly.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You haven't even known me all your life, liar," I giggled.

His eyes still shined as if I were the only thing on the entire planet that mattered to him. "My heart knew you even before my brain did."

I shook my head and wiggled free. "You're so cheesy. And, you know that makes me want to kiss you, which I can't do."

We'd promised that even though we were breaking tradition and getting ready together, we refused to kiss each other until the wedding ceremony this afternoon. Luckily, it was soon.

"I'm not being cheesy. I'm serious."

I saw the sincerity in his eyes and it made my heart skip a beat. Of course, he was being serious. "I know you are, honey. Sometimes I wonder if we met a long time ago too, just like Chan and Seungmin, and forgot about it."

"I could never forget you, Han," he kissed my forehead and pulled me close.

I settled into his chest and listened to his heartbeat. It was strong and steady.

"Your heart doesn't sound nervous at all," I whispered as he rocked us back and forth.

"I have no reason to be nervous. You're all I want. And with how many times I nearly lost you..." his voice trailed off.

"I'm sorry," I began, "I shouldn't have gone with Jeongin. It's just...he said he was going to kill you. I had to protect you," I rambled.

I'd apologized for leaving him that night thousands of times. Helping him heal his legs had taken months. I'd apologized with every bandage replacement. Every time he winced in pain. Every time he needed help standing those first weeks. I couldn't forgive myself. He'd nearly died saving me.

"I would've done the same thing. We don't have to worry anymore, though. Let's not spend today talking about him, okay?"

I nodded, and he used his finger to lift my chin closer to him. My lips were just out of reach of his. I closed my eyes and inhaled the sweet honey smell that I loved so much. The smell that felt like home.