Chapter 41

Lee Know POV

Lee Know POV

Something was happening. Jeongin hadn't come in to torture me or hurt me in days. My food hadn't been delivered either, and I could faintly hear a siren outside.

It sounded like the one I'd heard the day I broke in, and I sincerely hoped it was anyone but Felix. He deserved to get away from this world and never look back.

So did Han. Han had been lying every day to make sure I wouldn't get hurt. He was stronger than I had initially thought. But I wondered if it was a mask that would come down once we got out of here, or if this was just how he was now. I didn't know which option was better.

I heard something banging against the door handle. I hid on the wall next to the door so they wouldn't immediately see me when they walked in, and I'd know whether they were a friend or a foe. I got myself into a fighting stance and readied to attack if needed.

They busted the handle completely and pushed the door open.

"Fuck, another fucking empty room. Where are they?" I heard them complain as they went out of the room and back into the hallway. I knew that voice.

I followed him and watched a guard run up to try to attack him. "Oh fuck off," he said and shot him. It was Chan.

I shouted his name and ran towards him.

"What? Were you hiding from me?" he smiled as he met me halfway. He hugged me tightly with his arm that wasn't holding a weapon, but his expression changed when he pulled away and looked at my bare skin. He'd never seen my scars before, and he looked concerned. He probably thought most were new.

"Where is everyone else?" I asked, ignoring his reaction and picking up a gun from one of the guards he'd taken out.

He coughed awkwardly before answering. "No idea, but let's find them." He handed me an extra axe he'd scavenged.

We walked over to another pair of locked doors and broke the handles off. Both rooms were dark.

"Empty," I yelled.

"Empty," he responded

We moved on and found two more that were bare. We continued like that, breaking in doors, knocking out guards, and coming up empty for a while. I wondered if we were looking in the right place. Maybe they moved Han to a different floor.

We turned to a new hallway and repeated the process.

"Empty!" Chan yelled as he began working on another door.

I brought the axe down on the handle and opened another one. I kicked in the door, and Hyunjin launched himself at me with a battle cry.

He clawed at my face as he straddled my chest. I put my hands up in defense.

"Hyunjin, get off," I fought as he slapped my face again. He paused for a moment and realized who I was.

"Lee Know" he cried, hugging me. We didn't have time for a reunion right now, unfortunately.