Chapter 20

I debated between calling Changbin or waiting to talk with Felix

I debated between calling Changbin or waiting to talk with Felix. On one hand, Felix could be cheating on Changbin. Having seen them together, though, that didn't feel right...especially given Felix's sunny and warm disposition. On the other hand, something tragic could've happened which wasn't my place to share.

I decided to make dinner as planned and ask him about it then. Maybe they divorced. Maybe he was a groomsman. I wanted to get the full story before telling Changbin, especially if it was a sensitive topic for Felix.

For dinner, Felix had most of the things I needed already at the house. I just had to head out to grab a few last ingredients. My anxiety was a bit heightened since I'd be going alone and passing by the alleyway. I worried that I'd run into one of the men, and they'd finish what they'd started.

I wore two hoodies to hide myself and to add an extra layer in case they did find and beat me again. I put my headphones on but didn't play any music, so I'd seem unsuspecting but still able to hear if someone tried to run up to me.

I grabbed my phone, wallet, and a tote bag from the stack Felix had by the door. I locked the door behind me and made my way down the stairs. I paused before leaving the building, inhaling deeply several times, and headed out.

It was a nice enough day out and there were plenty of people around which calmed my nerves a bit. I hoped that they'd be hesitant to attack me during the day or, in the case they did attack, passersby would stop to help me.

I turned down the street with the club and my heart pounded in my chest. I did a quick check to see if I recognized anyone, and, when I didn't, I put my hoodie up and kept my head down. I stared at my feet as I walked quickly past the club. There were actually quite a few cops around, and I looked over to see what had happened.

I continued ahead but stopped an elderly woman to ask if she knew what was going on.

"Didn't you hear, sweetie? Someone was killed there yesterday." My eyes widened and my brain jumped to the worst possible conclusion: Lee Know.

"Um, thanks for the information," I stammered and began walking off hurriedly.

"Be careful," she called after me.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Lee Know's number. It rang for a bit and went to voicemail.

"Lee Know, look I know you're mad at me but there was a person killed at the club, and I just want to know if you're okay. Call me back. Or text me, please," I begged. I wished above everything that he was okay.

I sent him a text as well and anxiously made my way into the store. I really just needed chicken and chicken broth. I identified both items pretty quickly and made my way to the register.

I paid for my things and walked out the door straight into someone.

"Oops excuse me," I murmured as I continued to walk.