Chapter 58

I woke up the next morning having slept better than I had in a long time

I woke up the next morning having slept better than I had in a long time. My entire body felt rested, and I snuggled into the comforter and reached for Lee Know's hand which was usually wrapped around me.

When I didn't find it, I realized his leg wasn't on top of mine either. He wasn't here. I shot up and looked around the room in a panic.

Everything seemed to be in its place except Lee Know. I needed to find him.

I hopped out of bed and immediately felt the chill of the air around me. I'd forgotten I'd fallen asleep naked. I grabbed the closest blanket and wrapped it around me before stepping into the hallway.

"Lee Know?" I whispered. "Lee Know?"

Doongie bounded past me and towards the living room. I listened carefully and could hear the sound of cat food being poured out. My body relaxed a little.

I walked into the kitchen and saw a half-dressed Lee Know feeding and petting his cats.

"Good morning, Hannie," he smiled as he moved towards me and kissed my forehead.

"Good morning," I answered robotically. I still felt a bit of stress from the unusual way I woke up.

"How did you sleep?" he asked as he placed down the last bowl of food.

I wrapped my blanket around his waist as I hugged him. His body was so warm. I placed my cheek against his bare chest and he wrapped an arm around me.

"I slept great," I began. "But I woke up to an empty bed," I pouted and stared up at him.

"Sorry about that. Dori was scratching at the door early this morning," he apologized as he gently kissed my pouty lips.

Of course, he was. Dori was the trouble child of the bunch.

"I got a little worried" I confessed.

Upon hearing the admission, Lee Know embraced me closer. "I'm sorry, pretty boy. I didn't think about that."

I cuddled into him for a few minutes, and he rocked us back and forth where we stood in the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" I nodded and yawned as I went to sit at the table. Lee Know chuckled at the sight of me, and I used my arms as a pillow on the table. I could've fallen back to sleep right there.

He brought over a muffin and a coffee and I mumbled a thank you against my arm-blanket-pillow.

He sat beside me and began to eat his breakfast as well.

"Chan texted early this morning that he'd be coming by later to talk to us about something," Lee Know informed me.

I shoved a piece of muffin into my mouth and chewed lazily before swallowing it down with a splash of coffee.

"What about?" I asked. LeeKnow watched in amusement as I pinched another bite of muffin and tossed it into my mouth before drowning it in coffee again.

"Not sure. I'd assume he has a plan for Seungmin."

I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name.

"I have a plan for Seungmin," I spat. I lifted my left fist and then my right fist before pretend punching the air.

Lee Know let out a loud belly laugh. "We'll have to tell Chan to shove it. You're the boss now."

"Exactly," I replied with a mouth full of food. "Whatever Chan's come up with can be Plan B."

I finished my food and cleaned up the dishes I'd used. "I'm going to go get changed."

Lee Know grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his lap. I twisted and contorted myself to get free, but he held on tightly.

"Lee Know," I laughed. "I need to get dressed."

"One more minute," he teased as he tickled me.

I half yelled-half giggled uncontrollably as he continued to tickle me along my side.

"Lee Know, they could be here any minute," I tried to get away but the more I struggled the stronger his grip on me became.

"I'm sure they won't be here anytime soon. Besides you told Hyunjin to knock."

"When has Hyunjin ever listened to me?" I argued back between spurts of laughter.

"That's true. But I'm sure Chan will text when he's on his..."

"What's up bitches!" Hyunjin shouted as he walked through the door. He had on a pair of sunglasses and had thrown his hands up in the air with a water bottle in his left and a bag of chips in his right.

"Hyunjin, you were supposed to knock," Chan complained as he followed him inside.

I elbowed Lee Know who was still holding me. He covered his mouth to suppress his enjoyment of the situation.

"Han, are you naked again? You're like 0/2 on being a good host," Hyunjin announced as he lowered his glasses to get a clearer look.

"I was trying to get dressed, but Lee Know wouldn't let me," I blamed. Lee Know took a sip of his tea as he tried to appear innocent.

"Oh, it's like a foreplay thing?" Hyunjin questioned. Lee Know spat the tea across the table.

"I'll be right back," I wrapped the blanket tighter and excused myself as Hyunjin lectured Lee Know on the etiquette of drinking tea. I passed Chan on the way to my room, and he just shrugged at Hyunjin's behavior.

I threw on whatever clothes were at the top of my drawers and hurried back out to be with the others.

Lee Know was ringing out a dish rag and Hyunjin was loudly munching on chips. Chan sat in the living room setting up his laptop.

"So you wanted to talk about Seungmin?" I grumbled. The last thing I wanted was to see his stupid face again.

"Han has a plan for him! Don't you babe?" Lee Know teased.

"Really?" Chan looked up in shock.

I began to dispute Lee Know's claim, but he came over and threw an arm around my shoulder.

"Really. He's going to take him out. Tell him," Lee Know urged.

I shook my head in embarrassment.

"Tell us!" Hyunjin cheered as chip scraps flew from his mouth.

I fake coughed and held up my left and right fist and fake punched the air.

Chan snorted and Lee Know laughed just as loudly as before.

"I don't know about that, Han. I think we should leave the fighting to Chan," Hyunjin stumbled as he used my shoulder for balance.

"Is he okay?" I asked Chan.

"Absolutely not," Chan broadcasted in an annoyed tone. I'd definitely need to hear more about that later.

"So what do you have for us?" Lee Know asked.

"A way to get rid of all of our problems," Chan replied with a cocky grin. "Except that one," he pointed to Hyunjin who'd fallen to the ground and was continuing to scrounge for the remaining scraps of potato chips in the bag.