Chapter 40

Felix POV

Felix POV

I should've felt nervous because of what I was about to walk into, but instead, I was excited. I was so eager about the prospect of seeing Lily again that nothing else mattered.

Chan was safely tucked away in the trunk of his car that I was driving. I had my phone replaying the same song over and over again. Once I arrived at the checkpoint, I would switch the song so he knew to be extra quiet.

On the way there, I just imagined Lily's face. How it would feel to hold her again. Her beautiful red hair. The way she always smelled like fresh apples. I could almost imagine her here with me now.

The minute I saved her, I'd drive us away from here immediately. We'd start the family she wanted. We'd travel the world and celebrate holidays with our families. Everything would be as it should have been all along.

I neared the first gate and switched the song I was playing. I pulled up to the voice box and looked into the camera.

"Name?" the person asked on the other end.

"Felix Lee. I'm here to meet with Mr. and Mrs. Hwang."

"Are they expecting you?"

"No, but I have an urgent update to discuss with them about my target Changbin Seo."

"One moment please."

Chan and I had opted not to schedule the meeting in case they hired someone to tail me out of suspicion. Every other time I'd come here, it had been on their calling me here. This was the first time I'd been the meeting organizer.

I heard a buzzing noise which was good news. The gate opened and I drove through. At the next checkpoint, they'd inspect me and the vehicle.

"Here we go," I mumbled to myself as I pulled my car to a stop.

They had me exit the vehicle and keep my hands on the hood. One of the men patted me down to ensure I didn't have any weapons.

"At least take me to dinner first," I flashed a toothy grin at the guard. He shook his head as he faced towards the car to begin going through it. He was blushing, though, so my flattery had worked.

They went through the main cabin of the car and checked under all of the seats and in the pockets of the jackets in the backseat.

"Clear," they declared before walking around to the back of the car to check the trunk.

I held my breath. I'd placed a lot of sporting equipment in the backseat to make it inconvenient for them to see the edges of the fake bottom we had installed. They meddled with a few objects and went through a duffel bag containing running shoes and mini orange cones for soccer drills. One picked up a soccer ball I had in the trunk as well and tossed it into the air.