Chapter 49

Lee Know and I got out of the car, and I reached for his hand the moment it was close enough

Lee Know and I got out of the car, and I reached for his hand the moment it was close enough. He looked surprised but smiled sweetly at me.

He unlocked the door, and we took the first few steps inside. While he closed and locked the door behind us, I turned to face the living room.

The first thing I noticed was how warm and cozy it was. There were lamps being used as the main light source that made the room feel super welcoming. It was much better than the harsh fluorescents at the hospital. In the corner, there was a wicker swing filled with fluffy pillows. The sofa was a sage green color and had mismatched pillows, too, and there were multiple baskets nearby with blankets of all colors.

I heard the pitter-patter of footsteps down the hall and Dori rounded the corner chasing after Soonie. I laughed and looked at Lee Know who was grinning from ear to ear as he watched them.

"I had Chan bring them here since I assumed we'd be coming here today," Lee Know explained.

"I'm glad to see them. They make it feel even homier," I smiled, as I spotted Doongie cuddled in one of the blankets on the swing while fast asleep.

"Come on. I'll show you the rest of the house."

Lee Know took my hand and led me through the living room, office/library, and kitchen. The kitchen also had a green, calming color as well as a butcher block countertop. The island had a raw edge look to it and it felt like the whole house mimicked the woods outside.

"What do you think?" Lee Know asked as we neared the end of the tour.

"It's so comfy and cozy. I love it! Who designed it like this?" I asked. Surely stone-cold mother Seo hadn't.

"I did," Lee Know admitted. "I wanted you to feel safe and happy here."

The butterflies that had been dormant in my stomach returned, fluttering furiously. I imagined Lee Know pouring over designs as he was at my side at the hospital. Everything felt so magical and beautiful....like my connection to Lee Know always had felt.

"Thank you," I whispered in awe as I stood on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. Lee Know blushed and opened the guest room.

The guest room was small but inviting. It had a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf and huge blankets and pillows covering the bed.

"Changbin stayed here while the kitchen was being done. He said he'd give it an 8/10 on Yelp. He wished there were more video games," Lee Know laughed.

I smiled and hugged Lee Know's arm as he led me down the hall and past another door before stopping in front of the final room of the hallway. "This is your room," he said, as he opened the door into the most beautiful space I'd ever seen.

The floor-to-ceiling windows overlooked a beautiful forest that the house backed into. There were massive shelves housing photos, books, and carefully chosen statues and trinkets. The comforter was a simple gray color but the bed frame was made from natural wood that flowed well with the shelving used on the wall.

"It's amazing, Lee Know. I love it." My heart swelled as I explored the various things on the shelves. He'd found photos of my family, Changbin and I, even a copy of Felix and Lily. I especially liked the tiny golden bee... a symbol of himself. The room was full of love.

Everything was better than I would have ever dreamed of and way better than I would've been able to do myself.

"What's upstairs?" I asked. So far we'd only explored the first level.

"It's just storage right now," he replied.

"My home even has a creepy attic?"

"You sound so excited about that," he laughed.

"Gives it some character," I joked. "What was the other room we passed?" I asked.

"That's just my room. It's nothing special. I haven't had the chance to decorate it yet."

"Can I see?" I asked.

"If you want," he shrugged. He reached for my hand to lead me back down the hall.

He opened the door to a room that felt completely exiled from the rest of the house. The entire home was warm and welcoming but Lee Know's room was plain and cold. The room had white decor and white walls and a light purple comforter. He had one piece of decor which was a photo of his cats on the wall.

"You can't stay here," I told him definitively. "The rest of the house is so much comfier."

"I hadn't had time to do my house or room yet. I was trying to make sure the spaces you'd use would be perfect first. But my room is fine. See," he said, walking towards the comforter and plopping down onto the bed. "It works, and it's purple. I'll be fine here."

"What if I don't want you to stay here?" I began. Lee Know had made my home so beautiful. He'd told me that he loved me. I wanted to be with him, not separated by a wall. "What if I want you to stay with me?"

Lee Know stood back up, and my heart raced with each step he took. He was just inches from me, and I looked up to meet his gorgeous eyes that watched me so tenderly.

He wiped a hair from the side of my face and kept his hand there. "Then I'll stay with you," he whispered as his thumb brushed over my cheek delicately. 

He leaned down and paused just before our lips touched. My mind felt dizzy with honey and desire. I wanted him just as much as I had before. Right now, the letter didn't matter to me. The pain of what I'd gone through didn't matter. All that mattered was being here, with Lee Know.

I couldn't wait anymore. I stood on my tiptoes and wrapped my arms around his neck, closing the gap. The moment our lips touched, the spark ignited. Lee Know placed his other hand on the small of my back and held me closer to him. I arched my back to feel him even more. I'd have crawled inside him if I could.

His lips worked fervently against mine and my mouth opened to invite his tongue to explore. Lee Know backed me against the door of his room, and I was reminded of our first kiss.

Back then, he'd held my hands above my head, but now, I had free range to touch him. He wasn't stopping me.

I ran my fingers up and down his back and wrapped them around as I drew them up his torso to his chest. I even held his face, and I pulled him in deeper towards me. He moaned as I did so, and I reached for the hem of his shirt to remove it.

Lee Know inhaled sharply in surprise.

I hesitated. Maybe I'd misread his comfortability level.

But Lee Know pulled away and kissed my neck just below my ear before whispering "Take it off."