Chapter 107

Lee Know was still unloading boxes with Hyunjin and Jeongin when I came downstairs

Lee Know was still unloading boxes with Hyunjin and Jeongin when I came downstairs. Chan nearly stumbled into me as he hurriedly went to find Seungmin.

"Lee Know," I greeted him with a huge smile.

"Hannie," he grinned as he wrapped me in a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Want to help us finish this?" he asked and I gave him an annoyed look as he'd tricked into manual labor but followed after him to help out anyways.

We carried the remaining boxes in from the cars to the lobby and then moved all of them into the suit room so they'd be out of the way.

"What is all of this?" I asked.

"Childhood and family things, documents...you know, stuff like that."

"This is all they wanted?" I looked around at the dozen or so boxes. They were filled to the brim, but surely a house that huge had more to offer than a few boxes' worth.

"The house was destroyed by the guards before they got there. This was all that was left that they wanted. Everything else they're planning to get insurance on."

"Insurance?"

"Oh right," he paused his file organizing and looked at me seriously. "We're burning the Hwang house tomorrow."

I stared in shock. Had I heard that right? The place I'd been held captive and tortured was being burned to the ground? "What?"

"That horrible place will be gone forever," he gave me a soft smile as he eyed my skin. My shirt sleeves were rolled up and my forearms were exposed. He was looking at my scars...

"I forget that they're there most days," I confessed to him. "Because you have them too, they just feel normal now," I explained.

"I know, pretty..." he coughed awkwardly. "Hannie, but what they did to you was still horrible."

"What Jeongin did to me, you mean."

"Right," he said with sad eyes. "Speaking of Jeongin, Chan is still scared of him."

"Me too," I whispered and Lee Know moved closer to me. We each sat in front of a box on the floor, and he took one of my hands in his.

"I know," he mumbled. "Chan wants us to stay here so that he feels safer with Jeongin in the house."

"For how long?" the thought of sharing a home with Jeongin made my stomach churn.

"Maybe a week. Just until Chan knows he won't try anything else."

I considered it. I wanted to run home. Grab our cats from upstairs and haul ass back to the comfort of my room and the too many blankets on our sofa. But Chan needed us. Changbin was still fragile. How could I selfishly abandon them when they'd never done that to me?

"Okay," I answered softly.

"Thank you," he squeezed my hand and went back to organizing.

I heard a door slam above us and heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. Changbin walked in his face obviously annoyed.