Chapter 14

People began to arrive for the party, and I watched as Seungmin went from his usual aggressively neutral self to a cheerful and inviting party host

People began to arrive for the party, and I watched as Seungmin went from his usual aggressively neutral self to a cheerful and inviting party host. He smiled and greeted everyone enthusiastically, taking and storing coats as needed.

Chan arrived first to help him set up and the two whispered back and forth about something. Now and then they'd steal glances at me, but I tried to push down the anxiety that I felt about that. Seungmin had been welcoming enough to me so far. I mean, we wouldn't be hugging and skipping through a field anytime soon, but given the circumstances, he had definitely warmed up to my being here.

The doorbell rang and I jumped before turning to see that Changbin had arrived. I rushed over to hug him, and he laughed. "Long time no see! How is my little rock star doing?" he teased.

We had had a massive argument about my dropping out of school. I couldn't tell him it was due to safety concerns around whatever was going on behind the scenes between him, Lee Know, those guys, and Seungmin, though. Lee Know had come up with the lie, and it was easy enough to convince them that it was my reason for leaving school.

"Your face looks better," Changbin said as he turned to look at my jaw.

Lee Know had warned me against telling Changbin the truth about any of this so, as far as he knew, I got into a fight with a random drunk guy and lost.

Lee Know came over to greet Changbin, but his face froze when he saw the doorway. I turned and saw Hyunjin, Felix, and the guy I had met outside of the club whose name I couldn't remember.

"Lee Know, you remember Felix and Hyunjin from my party," Changbin introduced. "And this is Jeongin, Hyunjin's brother."

"Nice to meet you," he waved with a childish grin.

Lee Know shook his hand with a smile but something felt off. "I'll be right back," he whispered to me. He then fled from the doorway down the hall, and I made a mental note to ask him about it later.

"So," Changbin began while waiting for Lee Know's exit from the room, "how's the sex?"

I slapped Changbin's arm and Felix let out a mix of a yell and a laugh behind him.

"We haven't had sex," I answered shyly. It was something that had been on my mind lately. I wondered when we'd take that step, but Lee Know always ended things before we got there.

Felix looked surprised by my answer. Hyunjin seemed unbothered by our choices, and Jeongin, who I barely knew, had an odd expression as if he didn't believe me.

"You what? How?" Changbin practically yelled in shock.

I shrugged. "We just haven't."

"Have you done anything?" Felix asked curiously.

"Yeah, of course," I replied as I walked them out of the doorway and into the living space.

"Like what?" Felix questioned.

"Seriously?" I rolled my eyes. They could be so nosy.

Everyone seemed engaged in finding out about my not-sex life, except Hyunjin whose focus was elsewhere.

"He, uhm, has given me a few blowjobs," I whispered, embarrassed to say it out loud.

"How was it? Did you give him one? Was Seungmin right? Is he big?" Changbin asked excitedly. He loved to gossip.

"It was amazing," I recalled thinking back to the first time and every time since then. "And no, he hasn't let me."

That seemed to catch Hyunjin's attention. He looked at me in shock. "So you've had blowjob after blowjob and haven't had to do any work?" he basically shouted.

"Yea..." I said slowly.

Hyunjin looked at me in awe. He looked at me as if I was a god among gay men. "You are so lucky. I've always wanted to be a pillow princess."

"What's that?" I asked. The others laughed and Lee Know rounded the corner to rejoin the group. He placed a secure arm around my shoulder and held me closer to him.

"Who's hungry? Seungmin barbecued," Lee Know invited cheerfully.

Everyone followed as Lee Know led us outside to a grill where Seungmin was in full dad mode carefully grilling various meats.

We each took a plate of food and grabbed cans of beer from the cooler. Seungmin had laid out mats everywhere for people to sit on. Lee Know dragged his as close to mine as possible.

"Want to play a game?" Felix suggested.

"Never have I ever been a pillow princess," Hyunjin mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?" Lee Know asked, but I waved him off.

"Let's play later. I want to get to know everyone," Jeongin said.

"So it's Lee Know, right? How did you meet Han?" he smiled widely and sipped on his drink.

Lee Know tensed beside me. "We actually met at the club." I looked at Lee Know's closed-off face glaring at Jeongin. His face softened when he turned my way, and he fixed a piece of my hair that had fallen into my eyes.

"It was disgusting," Changbin added while taking a huge bite of food. He continued talking as he chewed, "One minute Han is talking about how there's nobody there he finds attractive, and then the next he's so obsessed with this guy he literally short circuits. Next thing I know, I'm coming back with drinks, and they're humping each other against the bathroom door like a couple of rabbits."

My face flushed in embarrassment and Lee Know put his arm around me and squeezed my waist in reassurance as he laughed.

"What about you Jeongin? Are you seeing anyone?" Changbin asked.

"Nope," he answered simply.

"I'm sure you're seeing a few people," Lee Know argued. "Maybe just not officially yet."

Jeongin smiled knowingly, and I had a feeling there was a deeper meaning to this conversation. I felt the way I had at breakfast with Seungmin that first morning.

"Can I use the bathroom?" Jeongin asked.

"Sure let me show you where it is," Lee Know offered beginning to stand.

"I already know," he replied and stood up. Lee Know inhaled sharply and dropped to sit beside me again. His face was serious as his gaze followed Jeongin out of the yard.

"What's wrong?" I whispered.

Lee Know turned to me and put up a mask. "Nothing, baby," he kissed my cheek and turned back to the group to tune into their conversation.

Something was definitely wrong. Lee Know had never once called me 'baby'.