Chapter 63

"What should we do?" I asked Lee Know

"What should we do?" I asked Lee Know. I tried to get a peak of who was driving, but the piles of pillows were blocking the back windshield.

I wasn't even sure I'd be able to tell anyway because they had their brights on to blind us whenever we looked back.

Lee Know swerved again, this time so last minute that his tires squealed, but we didn't lose him. He nearly hit another car to make the turn on time and Lee Know sped off down the street hitting nearly 80 in a 40mph zone.

"Slow down," I gasped as I held onto the handle near my door. The houses were flying past us. The street had barely enough space for one lane of traffic each way.

"I can't, Han," Lee Know grunted as he took another sharp turn. I pinched my eyes shut. My brain screamed at me that we were going to crash.

"Slow down!" I shouted.

"I can't!" he argued back.

My brain played video after video that I'd seen on the news and in movies of cars flipping and horrible accidents from reckless driving. If Jeongin had planned to hurt us, surely he would have begun shooting by now.

"We're going to crash," I yelled, my anxiety peaking as he took another turn and lost control of the car for a minute as he whipped left and right trying to steady the vehicle.

"Can you shut the fuck up for a minute?" Lee Know screamed at me and tears fell from my eyes at his tone. It was so harsh and mean.

I stared straight ahead. My eyes stung as I fought back tears. I didn't want him to see me cry. He didn't deserve tears if he was going to treat me this way.

Lee Know continued trying to outrun whoever was behind us, and he made turn after turn. We nearly crashed a dozen times until finally he accidentally turned down a dead-end street and cursed under his breath as we passed the sign.

I watched in the side mirror as the car continued to follow us and Lee Know tried to 180 the vehicle to turn around and drive past whoever was coming for us, but he did so just in time to end up directly in front of the other car.

The brights kept us blinded and Lee Know smacked the steering wheel in frustration. I tossed my door open in a fit of rage. I was fuming both at the stalker and Lee Know. I walked past the nearly-touching bumpers before tossing open the driver-side door of the other car.

Lee Know opened his door and slid across the hood in time to watch me drag Seungmin out of the car and toss him onto the ground.

I got on top of him and held his hands against the concrete to stop him from trying to hit me.

"Get off of me," he shouted.

"Why the fuck would I do that?" I bit back. Lee Know watched as he struggled against my grip but was unable to move.

"What the fuck do you want Seungmin?" Lee Know questioned him with the same harshness to his voice that he'd just used on me.

"I'm trying to help you," he grunted as he attempted to free himself.