Chapter 91

Lee Know POV

Lee Know POV

I had been wanting to ask Han to marry me for a long time. I had meant to do it more formally with a ring somewhere beautiful, but while watching him watch the moon with his eyes so wide as he admired something he'd seen a million times for its beauty..it slipped out. Everything in me was screaming at me to ask him then and there as if it would be my last opportunity, and so I did.

I couldn't believe that he'd wanted to get married, too. I could see everything so clearly. We'd leave this area together, and move somewhere new without the crime world we'd fallen into. We'd get jobs and cats and adopt kids. We'd have a beautiful long life.

Han had asked if he could sleep in his own room while he thought through everything a bit more. I'd been worried that he was second-guessing the proposal already, but he'd reassured me that he wanted to marry me but was just feeling a little overwhelmed with his parents having passed, the things we'd gone through, and now this new major life change. In hindsight, I could've planned my timing better.

I respected his space, though, and we slept apart for the first time in a while. I'd actually gone to the room with my cats instead of the other room that I had meant to. I didn't want to be alone. Soonie had clawed at the door all night, but the other two kept me company as I slept.

I woke up early again. Ever since we had gotten back from Han's parents' funeral, he'd been waking up early, too. My body had adjusted to his new schedule so at 6 am this morning I popped out of bed to head over to Han's room. I'd cuddle him and relish the day as the first day of our engagement.

I knocked lightly on the door but heard nothing on the other side. He was still asleep.

I yawned and made my way downstairs to make a coffee in the kitchen. To my surprise, Hyunjin was already awake.

"Good morning," he waved lazily my way as I entered the room. He was at the coffee pot and poured me a cup before making one for himself. A smile tugged on my lips, and I took the mug and sipped from it.

"Morning," I yawned, still exhausted. I hated the morning, but once my body chose to wake up, I was up.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked.

"Good, you?"

He shrugged. "It's been hard to rest knowing Jeongin is locked in a room."

"You have a good reason. He'll realize eventually how lucky he is to have you helping him," I assured him.

He nodded and sipped his coffee, too.