Chapter. 3

(this is 10 years into the future)

You and Steven are now officially  12 years old! Today is going to be a great day for Steven and the gems, but not so much for you and your parents.
"What do you mean you're leaving?!" you exclaimed to your parents.
"Were leaving on a... vacation..." your mother said hesitantly.
"Please! Take me with you!" you yelled, tears threatening to fall from your eyes.
"You have to stay here... stay here with the gems and Steven. Do whatever they tell you. Please, don't make this harder than it already is..." your mother whispered, holding onto your fathers hand.
"But why?! Why are you leaving?!" you yelled. Your father let out a deep sigh and looked at your mother. She nodded and he placed his free hand onto your shoulder.
"Do you remember your second birthday party?" your father asked.
"Kinda... why?" you questioned.
"On your second birthday party... the gems came to us. They came to us and told us that one day, one day they wanted you to help them fight... today. Today is the day we agreed you would go live with them. You will go live with the gems and help them fight. This is your life from now on..." your father explained, choking back tears of his own.
There was a knock on the door. Standing at the door when your mother opened it were the gems and Steven.
"Oh... d-did we come at a bad time...?" Pearl asked, her nervousness apparent.
"No, no. Your timing is perfect." your father said.
"Be good..." your mother said, kissing you goodbye and handing you a suitcase full of some of your belongings.
"I only packed what you need for the time being. You can come back anytime for anything you need." your mother said.
"I guess... I guess this is goodbye." you said, walking out of the door, the gems by your side.
When you looked back your parents were driving away, the car stuffed with all of their things, not including yours.
"Welcome to the team..?" Amethyst said, trying to cheer you up.