Chapter. 32

The bright rays of the sun awoke you from your sleep. You let out a groan as you stretched out. (When your eyes were fully awake/When you put on your glasses) you saw your beautiful Garnet. She was craddling Steven in her arms.
"Garnet?" you asked, looking at her. She seemed tired.
"Yes, love?" Garnet replied.
"Aren't you tired?" you asked.
"Gems don't get tired." Garnet said in reply to your question.
"Yeah, I know... but you seem tired..." you said, looking at her half-lidded eyes. Her visor was taken off, her colorful orbs beaming at Steven.
"I'm alright, love. Don't worry about me. Go get ready for the day," Garnet insisted.
"I'll be back in ten minutes, sweetie." you sighed, walked over to Garnet and kissing her lovingly on the lips. Garnet returned it in the same way.

"Sweetie, I'm ba-" you stopped when you saw a sleeping Garnet holding onto a crying Steven.
"Gems don't get tired, huh?" you jokingly questioned, grabbing baby Steven from her.
"Steven... can you understand me?" you asked, of course, no reply.
"Steven, I miss you. I miss being able to play with you, and being able to have a random conversation with you." you mumbled, kissing Steven on his forehead. In almost an instant Steven grew into a toddler.
"S-Steven?!" you happily yelled, holding the now older child.
"Hi, (y/n)!" Steven happily cheered. Was he aware of what was going on?
"Garnet! Garnet look!" you happily yelled, holding Steven near her. Garnet shot up and happily looked at you and Steven.
"Looks like you're one of the keys to helping Steven with his powers," Garnet said with a smile.
"Wait what?" you asked, looking a bit confused. Garnet chuckled and picked you up before setting you down onto the bed of the truck.
"When Steven was older, he told me that he saw you as more of a mother figure than the rest of us. He said something about despite the both of you being the same age, you would always help him with his human-child problems; and you treat him like he was your own child. Steven said he loves us and also sees us as mother figures, but, he's closer to you, and has more of a bond with you," Garnet explained, doing her best to recall everything he had told her. Tears formed in your eyes as you clutched toddler Steven tighter.
"I think, I'm not sure, but... maybe if you were to try and unlock Steven's powers, we would have more of a chance of destroying this cluster... and defeating our homeworld," Garnet said, a quizzical look on her face.
"I'll do whatever it takes to help." you said with determination.
"That's my girl,"

"Can I have some juice?"