Chapter. 17

A week. It's been a week since your arm had been injured. It's been a long week of no privacy, and being babied constantly.
"(y/n), Pearl and I have been talking. We think you're ready to resume training," Garnet announced while you and Steven were quickly chomping on breakfast, so you wouldn't miss the latest episode of 'Crying Breakfast Friends'.
"Wait, really?!" you exclaimed, excitement in your voice.
"Are you excited that you might get stabbed again?!" Steven yelled.
"I won't!" you yelled back, a smile on your face.
"What if you do get hurt?! Then what?!" Steven yelled
"If I get hurt I'll owe you donuts for the rest of the year," you stated. Steven's eyes shifted around the room multiple times. He puffed his cheeks and pursed his lips a bit before he replied.
"Fine." was all he said.
"Heck yeah!" you yelled in triumph.
"Well, what are you waiting for? Go get changed and meet me on the warp pad in exactly one hour." Pearl said with a proud smile.
"Thank you so much!" you yelled, hugging Pearl then hugging Garnet. The hug you gave to Garnet was much longer than the one Pearl received.
"I love you, Garnet!" You happily exclaimed. You went wide-eyed once you realized what you blurted out, and quickly ran to your shared room.
"Crap..." you mumbled to yourself once you reached your closet.

"Keep your stance wide!" Pearl yelled at you. She was observing your fighting abilities before she began the actual training. So far you were doing well. Much better than last time in your opinion. Steven and Connie were nervously watching you fight from the seats in the arena. They had a first aid kit, and Steven had his phone out just in case they had to call an ambulance.
"I've seen enough." Pearl stated, making the training Pearl disappear.
"You're pretty good... For a beginner of course," Pearl said with a smirk.
"I'll get better." you huffed in reply, your breathing quick from all the fighting.

Your first day of training was hard. Not only did you constantly fight, but she made you run multiple laps to boost your stamina.
"A knight wouldn't be much help to their liege if they weren't able to keep up during battle." Pearl had told you and Connie.
"Pearl, Steven has Connie... Who do I have?" you asked.
"That's up to you. I chose to fight alongside Rose Quartz, Connie chose Steven, who do you choose?"