Chapter. 9

You couldn't stop thinking about what had happened.
Lapis.
What did she mean when she said the gems weren't who they say they are? You're only a child, you really shouldn't know about all of this stuff yet, right? The thought stayed in your mind like it was permanently imprinted, never to be forgotten. You wanted to forget. You really did. You just couldn't.
"I'm going to ask Garnet one last time," you said to yourself, walking out of the shared room.
You walked to the temples door. You took a deep breath, and knocked twice.
"Garnet," you called out
"we need to talk,"
The blue and red gems on the temple door glowed, and the door opened to reveal Garnet.
"What is it?" Garnet questioned, adjusting her shades to the new lighting.
"It's about yesterday...." you replied, fearful she would soon grow angry of you constantly bringing up the topic.
"I told you, (y/n), you're not ready to know all of this yet," Garnet said.
"Garnet!" you yelled, your frustration growing.
"I'm 13 years old! You can't treat me like a child anymore!"
"You're still considered a child!" Garnet yelled in disagreement.
"I can help fight evil gem monsters! I can handle tuff missions! You constantly treat me like a warrior, yet you won't treat me like a human being!" you yelled. Garnet frowned and lightly, yet roughly, pushed you onto the couch.
"You think you can do these things, but you just can't, (y/n)!" Garnet yelled.
"Yes I can!"
"No. You can't!" Garnet yelled at you, her voice full of anger.

"Where's the ocean..?" You asked, stepping into what used to be the ocean.
"It must be Lapis..." Pearl mumbled to Garnet.
"We have to get the ocean back!" Steven yelled.
"Yes, I'm sure that the very gem that tried to kill you guys earlier totally wants to help," you sarcastically mumbled, crossing your arms.
"Do you have a suggestion?" Pearl asked.
"No..." you mumbled.
"Well then... ask Greg if we might borrow the van, won't you, Steven."

As your long journey had come to an end, the expedition adding a few members before it's departure, you arrived at a gigantic tower of water. the tower was slowly building itself up, higher and higher. You could see all of the underwater creatures swimming about as if nothing was wrong.
"Go away!" the voice of Lapis yelled as an apparition of her face appeared in the water.
"Lapis! We need you to stop this!" you yelled.
"(y/n)? What are you doing here... with them?" Lapis scowled at the sight of the gems, but the apparitions expression softened when it was faced towards you. "Lapis, we need you to give us back our ocean!" Steven yelled, but Lapis wasn't having it.
"Go away!" Lapis exclaimed, her face disappearing. Suddenly, 3 water clones came from the tower. They depicted Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. The gems stood their ground, until the water clone of Garnet pushed the real Garnet back with a wave of water.
"Garnet!" everyone yelled in sync.
A water clone of you and Steven also came from the water. Water Steven began drowning Steven and Connie, until Greg came with his van and ran it over. The water clone came back which ended up with Greg hurting his leg.
"This is why we wear seatbelts kids..." Greg groaned out in pain. You quickly doged a quick attack from your own clone, and continued this process since you had no other way of defense.
The water clone of Steven threw an attack at Steven, but he quickly summoned his shield and reflected the attack, a loud noise erupted from the impact, and destroyed all of the water clones.
"Steven! That was awesome!" you yelled. Steven walked towards the gigantic water tower and yelled up to Lapis.
"Lapis! I'm coming up... so please don't drown me..." a water hand came and pulled Steven up towards the top of the tower.
"Greg, are you okay?" you asked, helping him up from his sitting position.
"I'm fine, but what about Steven?" Greg questioned with worry.
"Steven will be fine," Garnet predicted. "How are you so sure? What if-" "future vision," was all Garnet said.

The water tower came tumbling down, blocks of water beginning to disassemble and refill the ocean.
"What about Steven?!" Greg yelled, looking up at the tower with a worried expression. You, Connie, and Lion exchanged glances. You and Connie hopped onto Lion who took you to Steven with his teleportation.
"Grab my hand!" Connie yelled, reaching her hand out as far as she could. You held her legs for support, and tried your best to keep the both of you from falling.  Steven grabbed her hand, and Lion brought you back with everyone else.

You all arrived to Mayor Dewey pathetically attempting to refill the ocean with a gardening hose.
"Uh, Mayor?" You questioned as you watched him sob. He had a bit of stubble growing on his face, and looked like a total wreck. The water quickly came flooding back, wetting the mayor. Dewey happily rejoiced, tears if joy now spilling from his eyes, and he quickly composed himself to the best of his capability.
"Steven, what happened with Lapis?" you asked
"I helped her get home," Steven said, smiling up at the sky.
"So she went home?" you overheard Pearl asking Garnet.

What did she mean when she said the gems are not who they say they are?