Chapter. 36

"We're gonna die..." you mumbled, hugging Steven.
"We're not gonna die!" Steven yelled for the 20th time.
"What if we do?!" you yelled, worry in your voice. You feared for your life, for Steven's, Peridot's, the gems.
"Then we die trying to save the Earth," Peridot added in.
"Not. Helping." Steven growled to Peridot, his teeth clenched. Steven tried his best to keep himself calm, but it wasn't working.
"What Peridot meant to say was, we won't die, but if we were to die, we would die saving the Earth from destruction.
"That's not what I meant to say at all-" Steven shot a glare at Peridot. Peridot stopped what she was going to say, and focoused on drilling.
"Guys, if this is it, I just wanted to say that you guys have made my life worth living. I couldn't imagine my life turning out any different," you said, smiling at your lap, hot tears flowing down your cheeks.
"I love you guys!" Steven happily yelled, his voice shaky.
"I love you too!" you smiled, giving Steven a hug. Peridot sniffled and looked over at the two of you.
"Geez, I love you guys too! I never thought I would say it, but even though you guys make me feel insane, I truly love you all!" Peridot cried.
"Don't cry, Peri." you smiled, letting tears fall from your eyes. The displays of affection suddenly stopped when something fell on top of the drill.
"We're gonna die!" you screamed, squirming in your seat.
Peridot suddenly handed Steven a controller, and told him to shoot anything that came into view.
"Oh, it's basically a video game?" Steven asked.
"Precisely." Peridot replied, making the drill go faster.
Steven began shooting any of the anomalies that came into view, mumblimg a 'sorry' each time.
"Were almost there." Peridot stated, her hands trembling. All of a sudden Steven started freaking out, and held onto his head in pain.
"Steven!" you and Peridot yelled in unison, Steven was once again, asleep.
"(y/n), you're going to have take control of the canon." Peridot ordered. You nodded your head and grabbed the controller, determination taking over your demeanor. You let out a deep breath, and began shooting the experiments. You did a decent job of shooting, sometimes missing a few shots.
"We're here..." Peridot sighed, the relief in her voice evident. You were amazed at how gigantic the cluster actually was. You figured Peridot was exaggerating when she mention it's enormous size. She wasn't kidding in the slightest way.
"What do we do...?" you whispered, looking down at all the colors.
"We drill into it!" Peridot yelled. At that moment Steven quickly woke up.
"Stop!" Steven yelled. Peridot stopped what she was doing and looked over at Steven.
"What's the matter?" you asked, looking at Steven.
"The cluster. It... It doesn't want to form!" Steven exclaimed, frantically looking at it as it slowly began to form.
"It looks to me like it's trying to form." you mumbled, watching it in fear.
"No! They're all scared!" Steven yelled. You could tell how passionate he was about this. You sighed and smiled a bit.
"From what the gems have told me about Rose, that sounds exactly like something she would say," you giggled, it was a nervous giggle. "Well, Steven, what do you suppose we do?" you asked.
"We can bubble it!" Steven yelled.
"That sounds like a good idea. The thing is, you're the only one that can bubble." you added. However, Steven was passed out.

Steven was asleep for about 5 minutes when you noticed pink bubbles forming all over the cluster.
"Oh my stars!" You exclaimed "Steven is actually doing it, Peri! He's bubbling the cluster!" you happily yelled. Steven woke up, and placed his hands onto the floor of the drill.
"I've got you. We have each other." Steven mumbled on repeat in his sleep. In a matter of minutes the entire cluster was contained in a singular, gigantic pink bubble. You were star-struck.
"You did it..." you mumbled, looking over at an exhausted Steven.
"We actually did it!" you yelled, pulling Steven and Peridot into a tight hug.
"Steven, you saved everyone!"

"Let's go home."